Meeru Island Resort Hotel

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Meeru Island Resort Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 3 »
Amazing by Amanda Y

What can we say but amazing. This was the second part of our three week holiday traveling from Sri Lanka. The plan was to just chill and relax but with so much beautyful water, tropical fish, coral sharks, dolphins, turtles and coral to explore we went with the flow and soaked it all up. Our first two nights were upgraded to a jacuzzi water villa on stilts as our jacuzzi beach villa was not ready, but both locations were amazing, clean and maintained to a high standard. The food in the adults only resturant was very good and our waiter Massoon was warm, friendley and very helpful. Would we go back? yes but I must say that the North side of the Island (adults only) had the best beach with soft white sands and very little washed up broken coral.

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, booked with Thomas Cook

Meeru chav island by pamela.....

I have been there 4 times and thats the last ever time.

The first and second time was great . The 3rd was nor so good we thought we would give it a last chance. But we felt with constant building work the resort has lost all its charm and vowed we will never go back.

We have been back to the maldives but not Meeru we have been to other resorts that have highlighted that Meeru really is a lower standard compared to other islands and we now feel that Meeru is a cheap rsort now catering foe the Chav tourists .

• Holiday details: Feb 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Yes i would say do not book Meeru

Fantastic!!! by shaz_wood

Holiday of a lifetime. We went in August for honeymoon, and got the sea plane transfer from Male. As you fly up to the Island the views are breathtaking.

We stayed in a Jacuzzi beach villa, large glass patio doors at the front with deck facing into the sea- sun loungers and a patio table making it a nice area to have a drink and watch the World go by.

In the room the air con is an absolute god send! Set to about 18 during the day is a welcome relief from the heat- but make sure it is turned up at night, as the first few days I woke up in the early hours freezing.

Lovely comfy four poster bed, TV with some sky channels, DVD player and radio.

At the rear of our Villa there was an open air bathroom, and a stepped deck area with a jacuzzi which was all walled in for privacy. Lovely area but big drawback of the mosquitoes flocking to the water of the area (had been on the Island or two hours and had in excess of 15 bites!)

The Island can be walked around in 40 minutes and is beautiful. The sand is raked every night to keep it looking stunning.

Kayak is available for unlimited hire in hour brackets, and you can row all around the Island.

You also get a 15 minute welcome massage- which we had at the over the water spa- lovely!!!

Food comes in a wide variety with a different country featured each day. Well presented, plenty of it and very very tasty- even for awkward Veggies like me.

The room gets visited by your 'room boy' twice a day- once cleaned and once for the bed to be turned down and the room swept out.

You also get a sunset punch cruise included- which was very nice- stunning views and some lovely photo opportunities.

It says taht you can hire DVDs however I wouldn't- they are all pirate copies- people rustling popcorn etc so not worth while whilst you have the TV etc. A bit disappointing when considering the standard of everything else.

Entertainment was ok- two bands played once a week- but other than that not really any shows on- but the bars were lovely for sitting in and chilling.

All of the staff were fantastic- very friendly and polite. Eager to help- and not just for tips as no one carries cash on the island.

We hardly spent anything while we were there as the Alll inclusive drinks are ok quality wine, spirits, cocktail of the day and Tiger and Carlsberg on draught. One thing that was most definitely worth it was the his and her massage at the over water spa- only negative thing was it was over too quickly!! Plus you got a bottle of champagne included!

Lovely pool with plenty of loungers- and waiter service to your lounger either on the pool or beach.

Football ptches, well equipped gym, pool tables and bike hire. Not to mention all the diving etc! You really can do as little or as much as you like.

All in all it was a fantastic honeymoon that we will always remember!

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Kuoni
  • Advice: I can't wait until the day we can go back!!!

Paradise Island by

My girlfriend and I visited Meeru in April/May 2008 after picking it over various Carribean resorts.

The boat trip from Male was aboard the "Meeru Express". A noisy little thing that I wouldn't really describe as a "Speed Boat" but others might see things differently.Another thing that was slightly different from my brochure pictures...the weather. I'm pretty sure that that my brochure didn't feature the dark grey skies, wind and rain that greeted us about 30 seconds after getting on the boat ! Phew...45 minutes of minutes of rough seas and waves that nearly washed over the side of the Express and we arrive at Meeru.

Our first day on Meeru and we needed the umbrellas !!! But one glance into the azure waters with the baby sharks and sting-rays cruising at the quay side and I knew we were in paradise.

The staff were really friendly and well into thier football ! Talk with them about any aspect of the "the beautiful game" and you'll have their attention all day.

Once we had settled in and explored a bit we couldn't belive just how peaceful the island was. Even though the island was full, you'd never know it. I would recommend the Spa, especially the "his and hers" joint massage...fantastic, and a bottle of bubbly to boot afterwards.

The food was excellent, if a little repetative after a while. And in line with others, I can totally recommend the iced coffees...a bonus as they are part of the All Inclusive package, but not good for the waistline!

Along with the fruit bats, the only other mammals we saw were a few rats, but as always they were usually spotted darting into holes and keeping a low profile. I suppose these fellas will be anywhere us humans get. We also had fun with the cockroaches in the bathroom. We caught ( and disposed of ) 14 during our 18 night stay.

Of the lagoon, it's shallow, warm and calm, perfect for just wiling away the days. And there's plenty of fish to occupy your attention so you'll never be bored. The sea plane flight from Meeru is an expensive (£120 each for a 20 minute flight) but a real must see. The flight into Male, as you drop through the clouds gives you some idea of the beauty of these islands.

In short, Meeru has lots for you to do and lots to see. If you're feeling brave you can even get marooned on a sand spit in the middle of the indian ocean for half a day. Fishing, Diving, eating, trips out and sailing. Meeru has it all. I would recommed it to everyone and we will certainly be going back.

Mike and Marta.

• Holiday details: May 2008, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson

never again by joey123123

We paid a year in advance when we arrived there was lots of building work going on we were not told of this. One of the resturants was a boat but was sunk by the jetty one bar was bieng re- built. Not a great holiday would never book to meeru again.

There are still doing work now from what we have been told as we complained the island never iformed the agents. We are awaiting our compensation ...

We went to Meeru on our honeymoon,... by Mc Donnell

We went to Meeru on our honeymoon, and right from the start the staff were so friendly, the resort was so clean. We stayed in a land villa and it was cleaned twice daily. The food was really nice and there was a lot to choose from. After planning a wedding for nearly 2 years. it was the best place to relax and unwind, you think you would get bored just lying around doing nothing, but you dont. we done the night fishing and the love boat cruise and they were excellent. We will definatly be back for our anniversary some year.

We went to Meeru following sunami and... by A

We went to Meeru following sunami and felt a little nervous about what we would find. To our delight the island was immaculate, white sand, cear turquoise sea and lush green vegetation. The island hospitality was second to none and the food was very varied to suit all tastes. We had a land room which was very good. It was cleaned every morning and every night the bed was turned down and decorated. Apparently Meeru is one of the bigger islands but appart from in the resturant and bar we hardly ever saw anyone. Our only mistake was going half board as lunch and drinks every day soon add up. Next time we will definately go all inclusive. Definately would go back again and again.

What can I say! Unbelievable!... by L Dewberry

What can I say! Unbelievable! Paradise!

We went to Meeru for our Honeymoon and we are going back there in 2008!

As soon as you arrive by boat (sea plane is now available) which took 45 minutes you soon become drawn into this island. Step off the boat and down the walkway and you hit sand, the reception is sand, restaurant is sand!

The staff are very friendly especially at mealtimes. You do have to share a table with another couple but if you make an arrangement with them you can sort out separate times to eat so if you want a quiet night with your loved one it's easy to do! You get the same couple throughout your stay so even if you do eat your meals together you can share stories of your day! The food was excellent. Totally different everyday from fresh salads to local food. They have chips as well in case the kids are going!

We stayed in a beach Bungalow which had everything you needed, including an outside shower. Don't worry it's surrounded by high walls!

It was also a stones throw to the beach and crystal clear blue warm water!

The excursions are well organised and a must whilst your there. If your adventurous you can even go diving with their own PADI approved diving team.

Can't wait untill we go back soon! A must for any honeymooners!

Meeru was magical from the flight... by stonefish

Meeru was magical from the flight landing at Male, the islands looked like jewels in the ocean. The flight was good enough, room on plane even though i was dreading it. Meeru was worth every hour travelling. The speedboat ride approx 1 hour was fine. Approaching the island I first saw the Asian Wok sitting on stilts out on the water, it is a restaurant which is not part of full board or all-inclusive. It is reasonably priced and the food is very good, you can also use it during the day for drinks. The staff open all around the outside and you can sit legs dangling and watch the marine life below - wonderful.

Getting back to our arrival, smiling happy staff met us on the jetty and took us to the kakuni bar for a cold cocktail and a cool mint towel to refresh yourself which was most welcome with the heat and travelling. Staff took our cases and us to our accommodation which was a land villa which I thought was lovely -spacious, clean and 15 yards from the ocean. Before we went I had every intention of upgrading but honestly did not find the need.

We ate in the main restaurant near reception - it was lovely, very big with a palm tree surrounded by water in the middle. Our waiter Ibrahim was very nice, all the waiters were lovely. Food excellent, choice very good.

We mainly used the Dhoni bar - the staff were very attentive, always a smile and a chat, you never sat with an empty glass.

The island itself was lovely about 45 minutes to walk round the whole island at a steady pace. Two different sides to the island; one side is like a mill pond and the snorkelling is brilliant, the beach near the Asian Wok was beautiful, all of it was gorgeous but it was mind blowing truly paradise. The otherside had waves but just has stunning.

The people who work on the island are a credit to Meeru, all so cheerful and curtious.The over the water spa is so lovely and relaxing. My husband and I had the ’His & Hers’ massage - it was wonderful, I would recommend it. Also you get a bottle of Moet to take away with you.

The trips are good and numerous. We saw dolphins on the sunset cruise which I was pleased about. Snorkelling trips to the house reef were very good- 2 hours - 6 dollars - these go twice a day everyday.

Just swimming in the lagoon we saw flying fish, absolutely amazing. Icould go on and on about Meeru - our experience was magical, that good we have already booked to go back March 2009. We are going to renew our wedding vows there -39 years.

I must also say for being one of the larger islands you walk along the beach and sometimes don’t see anyone, don’t know where all the people go. Can’t wait for 2009.

I’d just love to go there again... by Juliana M Fort

I’d just love to go there again next summer. I didn't expect anything would exist like this at all. Its beyond imagination.

The photographs are real, but there is much of it to see when you are there. I also went to Four Seasons Kanuhuraa special offer given by our tour operator and guess what, it’s just a 30 minutes ride from Meeru.

We had lots of fun and even loved the water sports and diving.

I feel truly privileged to have been... by C Turner

I feel truly privileged to have been to Meeru, it really is a taste of paradise. We stayed in the beach huts at the back of the island and literally stepped out onto the beach. Crystal clear water is brimming full of varied and colourful tropical marine life so take your snorkel mask. Baby sharks swim near the shore but don't be scared they are only the size of large fish and are very nervous. In the trees are fruit bats and there are even 2 friendly flamingos casually walking around the island.

Staff were superb and the main bar area has good entertainment of an evening. Take the chance to have an evening meal at the beach restaurant - still the most romantic evening my wife and I have ever had.

As one of the larger Maldivian islands there are enough fellow tourists to make you feel safe yet not too many to make you feel like you're travelling with the heard.

Dolphin watching at dusk on a traditional boat is a must, and also watch out for the flying fish during the transfers. Other than that, just absorb every moment as you'll spend the rest of your life wishing you were back there.

Their 'no news, no shoes' policy is quite special; where else can you go for 3 weeks and not need any footwear. Suggest you go full board then you don't need a wallet either.

Dream holiday, just book it!

I love this place, it's the 2nd time... by E Rose

I love this place, it's the 2nd time we've been and it hasn't lost any of its charm, in fact I probably love it more now.

Staff are fantastic, friendly, and funny. Food is really good with lots of variety, island and rooms are kept really clean, and the whole holiday was pure relaxation.

Thinking of going back again next year.... we have tried another island but there was no comparison.

1 2 3 »

Stayed at Meeru Island Resort Hotel? Share your insight.

Meeru Island Resort Hotel also called

• Address: Meerufenfushi, Male Atoll, Maldives

Map for Meeru Island Resort Hotel Closest airport: Male (MLE) 22.2 miles

Top traveller tips for Meeru Island Resort Hotel
  • by Amanda Yung

" Must do the sunset cruise "