Avanti Hotel

Stayed at Avanti Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Room: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Avanti Hotel

« 1 2 3
Good choice overall

"Having booked the Avanti as part of a wedding package, I was a bit perturbed by some of the reviews but fortunately the most recent ones were all positive, so I'll add to that and try to answer some of the criticisms:

"Boring repetitive food". Rubbish. Yes, breakfasts weren't English bacon and sausages, but this was Cyprus - great fruit, yogurt and bread, cooked meats and cheese were also options. I thought the evening meals were also great - all freshly-cooked, huge choice, better quality meat than you'd normally find in Britain but NOT the round of burgers and chips and cheap pasta.

"Insects" - a few ants and flies as in any hot country but the whole place was spotlessly clean. Room service was excellent.

"Cats" - two adult cats and half-a-dozen kittens around the place, but I never saw them in indoor areas and they were great fun for the children.

"Minibar" - like others we shifted the hotel supply on to the shelf and used it as a fridge and never got complaints. We asked for a kettle for our own tea and got one without cost.

"Rude staff" -not at all. Of course, we weren't rude to them either!

We didn't use the hotel facilities extensively apart from the gym and indoor pool (good value at £15 per two weeks) as some facilities were a bit pricey. The hotel location is good in that there are bars, shops, restaurants, etc nearby. I'd recommend:

Rosatella for Happy Hour drinks and internet access (daytime only)

Dawny's beauty salon for very professional massage

Lichnari restaurant for the best kebabs (great sheftali for £2 very large and juicy)

Walking towards the harbour we had an excellent wedding reception at the Romantica, great moussaka at the Viva Cyprus, good value low-fat fruity "ice cream" at the Gelateria and there are one or two good places on the way for changing money and getting cheap beer.

There's a very good supermarket opposite Debenham's.

I'd be reluctant to bring a family to Cyprus in the summer however - all the family-orientated stuff (waterpark, bird park, go karts) seemed overpriced. The mosaics and the Tombs Of The Kings were much better value, although not all kids would be that keen on antiquity and a necropolis.

Don't bother using taxis for the Harbour/market/Coral Bay trips, the bus is cheap and frequent - the 11 is 70 cents and the 15 80 cents for any distance.

Oh yes, they have weddings off to a fine art and everything went like clockwork!

by Neilmcc

great hotel

"I have just returned from the Avanti Hotel and had a fantastic time. Our party was of mixed age and every one of us had a great time.

On arrival the view from the hotel looked like a hospital but when you enter the reception it is huge with a lovely water feature in the middle.

The outdoor pool is excellent. We were on B&B and the breakfast was nice every morning with a good selection on offer.

The bedrooms were spacious and fully refurbished with excellent air con and a mini bar. We had booked pool/ssv rooms and found the views stunning.

There are loads of restaurants and bars all close at hand and i would recommend Rimini and Les Amis 5 minutes walk away and Flambe which is at the bottom of bar street.

Don`t listen to the negative reviews and give this hotel a go.

ENJOY!!!

by dougie1

Don't listen to the bad reviews

"Hi There, I'm just back from a stay at the Avanti. To be honest I wish I'd never looked at the reviews as it worried me, to say the least ,as they varied from brilliant to downright awful. I decided to make my own mind up.

The hotel is very clean and spacious with a lovely lobby where you can have a drink and people watch. It's comfortable and has enough room for everyone to sit and watch the entertainment. If I had one complaint then this would be it. The entertainment was awful. It was just a different person with a mic and a keyboard every night. They even played the same songs. They did have a quiz and bingo a few times but I'm not old enough for that quite yet.

There were reports of ants but these were just the normal amount you would get in a foreign country and there were never any spotted in the rooms, which were cleaned every day. The maids were lovely and very polite. They always made sure things were spotless.

There were also reports of rude staff and I'm sorry to disappoint again but they were great. I needed to find stuff for a hen night and they bent over backwards to help. The only exception may have been the scottish bar man who was a bit prickly but I think he just needed to get a job he actually liked.

The pool area was great. Loads of room for everyone. Lots to do and big enough for lots of fun.

I enjoyed my time there and a holiday is what you make it. Incidently my sister was married there and she had her wedding in the Alysium. Now thats a hotel!!!

Don't worry if you've booked the Avanti and are worried about the reviews. I thought it was fine and would recommend it .

by rufus73

Great Time

"I stayed at the Avanti hotel for the first week in October to attend a wedding in another part of Paphos. Behind the dull exterior of the front of this hotel lies a lovely bright and airy reception and lounging area, a marvelous big pool and surrounding garden area and pleasent breafast room/dining room and bar. I had read quite a few negative reports about the hotel but quite honestly I found all aspects of my stay very pleasant and I would consider myself to be fussy.

The bedrooms were very clean with towels and bedlinen spotless, although the rooms could probably do with a makeover especially the bathroom. I never saw a creepy crawly anywhere in my room the whole of my stay. It is worth paying extra for a room overlooking the pool area as everything goes on there but is quite quiet from midnight onwards.

The pool area and gardens were well kept and there were plenty of beds. Lots of people took part in the daytime sports, the 2 girls who did them had great personalities. The pool bar with the seats in the water was very popular, that area of the pool was heated. There are plenty of cats around the hotel and Paphos in general but they don't bother anyone, however if you don't like cats it might put you off.

I never stayed in for the entertainment at night but there were always plenty of people who stayed around the hotel at night so it maybe wasnt that bad.

Plenty of weddings going on in the hotel there were 3 during the week I was there.

I was on B&B as there are loads of lovely places on the door step to eat at all different prices. Breakfast was the standard one you would get at any hotel.

Twenty minutes walk will take you to the harbour area or a bus stops outside the hotel, unfortunately the seafront walk to the harbour is very uneven and not recommended for anyone unsteady on there feet.

I found people very friendly at the hotel and I would stay there again.

by PickiePool

Anyone looking to go on holiday with...

"Anyone looking to go on holiday with partners this is a fantastic place to visit. I booked my holiday with First Choice holidays. It was the cheapest company I found for staying at the Avanti hotel witch is a lovely 4 star hotel. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the main part of town and about 2 minutes to the beach. The local beach has a slight down fall to it as they don’t seem to maintain it. (Lots of cigarette butts around the bed chairs).

Most off the hotels along the beach front have there own part of the beach witch is a lot cleaner. You can use these parts of the beach but not the bed chairs. There is also a lot of companies along the beach offering water sports. (Jims water sports) If this appeals to you I definitely recommend paragliding off the back of a speed boat. It’s not scary and you get a fantastic view of Paphos.

Now onto my most favorite subject food. I can honestly say I’ve eaten in a lot of countries around the world and I found Paphos by far the greatest place to eat. Believe it or not we never had a bad meal all holiday. My favorite restaurant was (flambé). This is a steak restaurant and if you choose a flambé steak the staff bring out a trolley with two gas hobs and cook the steak in front of you, with a mixture of mushrooms and garlic and wine but the best part is when the add some Cypriot spirit to it and it goes up in a big flame right in front of you. Get there early as it does get very busy. A few other good restaurants are (Les Amis) (The Manhattan) (Rimini Italian) (The Mandarin Chinese)

The night life this time of year is quite, the pubs along the strip are not that busy so you don’t have to wait long to be served a drink. Getting home after a night out is very easy if you don’t feel up to walking there are plenty of cabs about.

If you fancy a day out go to the Aphrodite water park its a 5 minute bus trip away. It has some good slides there and if you have no fear try the kamikaze ride. I done it once never again or if you don’t want to go on the slides just sun bathe by the pools.

I will be going back 100%. I hope this information helps.

by A Clark

Myself and my now husband decided to...

"Myself and my now husband decided to get married in Paphos, and chose the Avanti Hotel as it specialised in weddings. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival, we were allocated our room, which we were not happy with and felt as we were also spending our honeymoon there we would prefer to have a pool and sea view rather than a roundabout and bars!

However, we did speak to the management, and Savvas apologised that the hotel was full at present but would arrange for us to be moved 4 days later. Savvas kept his word, and we were moved to probably the best room of the hotel, 5th floor, and corner with the most amazing views of Paphos. The rooms were clean but the second one we moved too was much nicer.

The pool and pool bar are was immaculately clean, and you saw them being cleaned each evening and morning before in use. The breakfast was plenty, lots of fruit, pasties and some fried food although this did get repetitive and we found it a bit boring towards the end of our stay.

However, the help and advice we received from the hotel during the build up to our wedding made everything run smoothly and let the bride have a stress free wedding. They thought of everything, we had 40 guests with us, some staying at the Avanti while others else where. The hotel allowed the children the use of the pool after we had our wedding meal with no extra charge. They also reserved a section of the outdoor bar for us for the evening’s entertainment.

Savvas advised us on how many bottles of Champaign we required, bottles of wine. I forgot to arrange soft drinks for the children, again this was not a problem, and they billed it all to our room. Everyone who attended the wedding couldn't stop raving about the meal we received. 4 course meal for less than £16.00 per head, (you wouldn’t get that in the UK). They also arranged for my wedding dress and guests suits to be steamed and pressed and were delivered back to our room within two hours.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Avanti and will definitely be revisiting the hotel again. A lot of our guests are also considering returning. Myself and my husband were scared of what to expect for our wedding day, but thanks to the team at the Avanti and of course, Sally the wedding planner we couldn't have asked for a better day. For anyone considering getting married at the hotel, i would certainly recommend it.

by  M Best

We visited the Avanti tourist village...

"We visited the Avanti tourist village in July/August this year. The party consisted of family of four including a 14 year old and 9 year old. First impressions were good but after a good look round the complex was far from complete. To reach your apartment you had to drag/carry your luggage past the pool dodging between sun loungers with no help from staff and with a small printed map with your room no on.

The apartment was spacious and clean with frequent maid service. There was never enough toilet roll and an extra towel would have been handy too.

A super reception which had a very empty feeling as the bar was not open and there was a severe lack of furniture. This was supposed to be air-conditioned but it was rarely on - not handy when you are waiting to be picked up in the heat of the day.

The staff - where were they? The girl in the shop had a major problem with her manners and none of the bar staff made an effort to be friendly.

The Avanti village has huge potential but its a long way from being complete. We certainly did not have all the facilities that were advertised in the direct holiday brochure.

by H Ramsay

Well I am not long back from the...

"Well I am not long back from the Avanti Hotel in Cyprus. Myself and my now husband went out to get married with our 21 guests. We had the best time ever.

When we arrived the manager Savvas welcomed us and knew who I was as I had been emailing him about the wedding. Our room was upgraded as part of our wedding package to a pool view and on the Sunday before our wedding we were moved to the Honeymoon Suite which was a large family room. We had just got to our room when we heard a knock on the door which was a waiter with a bottle of champagne from the hotel.

Our wedding reception which the hotel organised was better than I had ever expected.

The hotel was lovely and was always cleaned. Everytime you turned round there was a cleaner cleaning which was nice to see. The rooms were done everyday with fresh towels, rooms hoovered if needed and beds done.

The food was nice and because we kept asking for ice cream for the kids the management decided to put ice cream out for everyone. You just had to ask for what the kids wanted and they would make it for you fresh. My niece was with us and she is autistic. She wanted cheese pizza all the time and they had it ready for her every night.

The pool was clean and there was entertainment for the kids and adults during the day. It was nice to be able to jump into the pool and go and sit at the hotel bar and have a drink while the sunshine shone on you.

One thing I was really surprised about was that the management would sit and have a drink with you day or night and go round and talk to all their guests. I have never had this in a hotel before and we normally go 4*. Nothing was ever a problem and if they could fix it to make life easier for you they would do it.

Overall we had a great wedding and a great holiday and would go back. I am actually holiday sick and would go back tomorrow.

by traceylundie

I felt I had to comment after just...

"I felt I had to comment after just returning from a weeks break at the Avanti Hotel and reading previous reviews. On arrival at the hotel in the early evening we were checked in by perfectly pleasant and helpful staff and found our room to be spacious, clean, and nicely fitted and decorated.

All areas of the hotel were spotless and although it was too cold for the main pool to be in use I saw cleaning and maintenance of the whole pool area on a daily basis. Breakfast was varied and plentiful with fruit yoghurt etc available. We did hear some complaints about the evening meals but also as many positive comments.

Even in march when the hotel was quietish there was the usual type of entertainment, singers quiz’s karaoke etc which seemed to be well received. All the staff we had contact with were capable and not in the least rude. Indeed one young man in the bar was so pleasant and cheery he had his own fan club (Michael take a bow). The surrounding area had plenty of bars and restaurants and I would recommend the Rimini Italian just over the road from the hotel.

On the whole I would definitely return to this hotel the only thing to spoil the enjoyment of the holiday was the cold, cloudy, and windy weather which was unfortunately way beyond the control of the previously and to my mind unfairly maligned staff at the Avanti!

by C Abbott

Myself, my fiancée and our daughter...

"Myself, my fiancée and our daughter Helena (age 5) spent 10 days in Paphos in August 2004.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we felt at home. We had a room on the top floor which was classed as inland but from the balcony we had a lovely sea view stretching all the way up to the harbour.

The room was very clean and we didn’t see a cockroach the whole time we were there.

We only stayed B&B as there are so many nice bars and restaurants nearby

(don’t go to the steak house near Veronica’s hotel - it’s awful and the management responded to my fiancée’s criticisms, in Greek, by giving her abuse back - should have spoken in English!)

Breakfast was extremely plentiful. Staff were very friendly. Fantastic for the kids and great for the adults too.

Entertainment every night which was good and things going on all around the pool on and off during the day (not too much in your face but there if you wanted it e.g. water polo/volleyball/archery/aerobics)

Had a bit of a sing at the karaoke on a Thursday night, which was probably the highest attended event of the week!

The hotel obviously read the comments from the other review

Nice snooker room, squash court, sauna, bars.

There was a kids club but it was held in a room in the leisure club part of the hotel so maybe the other reviewer just didn’t find it. Our daughter just wanted to be in the pool 24-7 though!

Would definitely stay again. The cost was very reasonable too (we booked directly).

If you have a family and are not sure where to go then you wont go too far wrong with the Avanti - and I really mean it which is why I’ve gone out of my way to put this on!

by Chris White

The hotel staff were extremely rude...

"The hotel staff were extremely rude especially the hotel manager Eric who does not know how to deal with people.

There were no staff to help us in with our bags from the coach, they were notified by the first choice rep that my wife could not carry the bags because of her health but they still did not find help.

The hotel was in need of repair, there was torn carpets, dirty bed sheets and old bedroom furniture etc

The hot food at breakfast was so full of grease and very unhealthy. The pool had things floating in it looked like human faeces.

The entertainment was very dull and set at bad times and had no entertainment for children. There were ants and cockroaches in the bedroom.

My advice to any one going to this hotel is to avoid it, as it is health risk I went for two weeks break with my daughter and wife only have lots of problems that were never solved we moved rooms 5 times.

The flight out with first choice was supposed to be vegetarian, but my meal had not been catered for I was given meat and I had food poisoning. This flight was with First choice Airways.

I would never revisit this hotel again.

When speaking to hotel guests around the pool they all had the comment of who rated this hotel a 4 Star Plus.

The Avanti website is also misleading as the structure of the building is correct but everything else is not.

by saramharris

The Avanti Hotel was advertised as a...

"The Avanti Hotel was advertised as a family hotel, this is some what quite off the mark. Our 5 year old daughter was pretty much bored and was expecting the KIDSCLUB as advertised.

The rooms were tiny but were of a clean standard. The swimming pool was large (but was never cleaned). The staff were not over friendly, infact a bit abrupt. (Nearly every one).

We had breakfast there and enjoyed a good variety of food.

The entertainment was poor. There were a lot of British holidaymakers that were screaming out for a good old karaoke, not Zorba the Greek!

When you leave the front entrance and aproach the road turn right 150 yards to a bar that is run by Irish people. The food is very good and prepared and presented first class. It was called Ullysees. Paphos has lots to see and do and good restraunts of all cultures. We will be going back to Cyprus again for a third time some day soon. But personally not at the Avanti. I was under the impression that there were cut-backs in staff and that probably contributed to the atmosphere within the hotel.

by K O Reilly