Residence Pins Platja

2.5 star

Stayed at Residence Pins Platja?

Share your opinion.

Good

Food: 5.5/10

« 1 2
My family and I stayed at Pin Playa I...

"My family and I stayed at Pin Playa I and had an ocean view, we spent most of our time on beach as pool was across the road at Pin Playa II, this was too crowed and noisy and you had to pay €2.5 to rent chairs by pool.

Apartment was basic enough, towels only changed twice a week, and sheets only once in the two weeks we were there. No loo roll, no kettle, or toaster, you could rent them, we didn't bothered.

Glad to have been in Pin Playa I as the train ran behind Pins Playa II, very quiet spot, would stay their again, plenty of places to eat, and we were only 10 mins from Salou and Cambrils, Port Aventura, was only 30 mins by bus, easy get their, but be aware, bus fare double after 11pm. Chairs on the beach were €3.5 each. Enjoyed our holiday but did find it expensive.

by Brady

I stayed at the pins playa 2...

"I stayed at the pins playa 2 apartments in July 2006 and found it to be a very good holiday. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to buy your own toilet roll and the sheets were only cleaned once during the two weeks.

We also had to clean the apartment ourselves - no cleaners. Besides that I found the staff very friendly and the entertainment was pretty good. The sun beds cost €2.50 per day to rent.

There is a lot to do in Salou with 3 water parks, Port Aventura and plenty of water sports i.e. jet ski's, banana boat, paragliding etc. Salou town is about 20 mins walk from the apartments and has a lot of bars and restaurants to suit everyone.

by DM Cash

Stay well away from these apartments...

"Stay well away from these apartments if you have young children. The pool area is an accident waiting to happen.

In the two weeks I stayed there I never once seen anyone clean up around the pool or even the pool itself. I was violently ill when I returned from this place and my children (boy aged 4 and a girl aged 2) were both sick with tummy bugs while on holidays.

Apart from Port Aventure itself I cannot see what Salou has to offer.

by Reilly

Pins Playa I is located on the...

"Pins Playa I is located on the beachfront and the beach was never crowded. The pool is small but you can use the larger pool across the road at Pins Playa II.

Extra charges to note:

120 Euro deposit on arrival (which you get back when you check out on inspection of your apartment!);

2 Euro per day for a sunbed per person;

charge for hire of a toaster and kettle (charged per item per week!)

You even have to buy your own loo roll!

Apartments are basic but adequate. Kids loved the pool. Not much going on around the apartments as they are located between 2 resorts - Salou and Cambrils. Bus services to both are good though. Cambrils is a lovely fishing port with a very Spanish feel. Salou is the usual large bustling resort.

Visit to Barcelona is worthwhile. Port Aventura & water parks seem to be the main attraction in the area.

by Maxwell family