Apartamentos Verano Azul

Service: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Apartamentos Verano Azul

I was very impressed with the quality...

"I was very impressed with the quality of the villa, it slept 6 and there was plenty of room. We did back onto the main road and never noticed it to be noisy at all.

The whole complex is well presented and the location is fabulous - a stroll into the town and a decent walk up and down the hill to the Burriana beach!

by HJ Monk

Many of the apartments on Verano Azul...

"Many of the apartments on Verano Azul back onto the busy N340 road and the traffic noise is very audible especially during the day/evening. Spanish drivers beep their horns at the slightest provocation and, of course, there are the usual kids on scooters zooming up and down the road until late at night.

It’s a long trek to the heart of Nerja for shopping, restaurants, bars, Balcon de Europa etc and a steep climb to the best beach - Playa Burriana, but there are a few cafes nearby and a small supermarket. Neither of the two restaurants on the development were open at this time of year (Nov 2007) and the nearest big supermarket was a 10 min walk away.

For me the best area was around Playa la Torrecilla to the west of Nerja. This area is much more convenient for everything, had some nice cafes, restaurants and was much quieter if you just wanted to relax in the sunshine. It also had a nice promenade. For food, try MerenderoAyo at the far end of Playa Burriana for great paella cooked in a huge pan at lunchtime, a nice bocadillo kiosk at the western end of El Barrio for freshly made baguettes and cakes and a nice cake shop along the Calle Mendez Nunez.

The caves (Cueva de Nerja) near Maro, about 3 km away are within easy walking distance or via a local bus service (90 cents) and are well worth a visit.

Frigiliana, a pretty inland village about 6km away, can also be reached by local bus from the main bus station in Nerja (1 euro).

by R Jubin

I have returned recently from a one...

"I have returned recently from a one week booking in Verano Azul booked through holidaynerja.co.uk. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment and despite reading various reviews I have to say I was amazed at the quality of the apartment.

The apartment was very modern with new kitchen and the bathroom was luxurious with a full size bath and hydro massage power shower which was very welcome after a lazy day in the sun and perked us up again for the evening. The bedroom was very nicely decorated and felt cosy and homely. The open plan lounge was equally impressive, clean and nicely decorated.

I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone as we had a fab time and could not fault the apartment. I have already booked for next March and can't wait.

by Les Bowden

My mum and I have been to the verano...

"My mum and I have been to the verano azul apartments several times and I have to say they are well maintained in a great location and overall a great base to visit lots of places within easy reach for example granada malaga seville.

We return year after year because we find it safe and extremely friendly. The apartments have everything you need and are comfortable and clean. The only drawback is you have to arrange transfers from Malaga airport which can be quite expensive.

by Marilyn Cullen

Well worth its 2 star rating, not the...

"Well worth its 2 star rating, not the best self catering holiday ever, especially in February when the weather is not at its best, in fact torrential rain for a whole week.

Unless you pay for all the mod cons upfront, you can expect a quite dismal stay especially in the winter season, when it can get bitterly cold in the apartment at night, not a good thing with young children, and reception want to charge you about 20 pounds a day to hire a heater.

Wouldn’t recommend at all, STAY WELL CLEAR or go in the height of summer.

by K Watson

We had a one bedroomed apartment,...

"We had a one bedroomed apartment, which was very basic. We arrived at midnight and knew that reception would be shut and had instructions to pick the keys up at 'the hotel next door'. This hotel turned out to be across a road, over a roundabout and about a mile down the road. Fortunately, our taxi driver realised we were a bit confused and came back to take us to the hotel to collect the keys.

The complex itself was clean and seemed well maintained. The road to Burriana beach at the side of the complex was very, very steep and took about 25 minutes to walk back. This was a hard slog, especially in 80/90 degrees.

The walk in the opposite direction took you to the Balcon de Europe. This location has some lovely restaurants, shops etc. Again, it was about a 20 minute walk and was also on the steep side coming back, but this walk was manageable. There was also a taxi base half way along one of the roads and so if we'd had a particularly big meal, we'd hop in a taxi which cost in the region of 5 euros.

Nerja is a beautiful place but certainly not ideal for people with walking difficulties.

by  L Dunne