Melia Caribe Tropical

Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Melia Caribe Tropical

1 2 3 »
Worst Experince for Dominican Republic Visit

"I recently decided to go for a short trip to Punta Cana from New York City, as this was a last minute plan, I reserved a Suite for 3people 2nights. We arrived at Melia Caribe Tropical on Friday evening for check-in. The Reception (I think her name is Janais) immediately started in spanish and since I do not speak spanish I responded back in English. She thought we were latino because of my color and I was amazed.

Next she found our reservation for the suite and immediately gave us the option to purchase an upgrade. I declined thinking that I already have a suite, she reduced the amount of upgrade offer by another $75 thinking that would attract us. The offer of upgrade was for a Royal Suite which inlcuded a jacuzzi in room, considering I only had 2days in hand and wanted to be out so I declined the offer again. She kept pushing and we refused and I basically said can we get the room we reserved. Knowing that the resort has several rooms renovated and upgraded I was expecting a newer room with amenities but to our surprise we were assigned room 1811.

Janais then gave us the keys to our room and said we are all set as room is ready. We went to room and discovered that nothing was ready, there were 3 of us with two tiny double beds (hmmm there goes the suite). We called the front desk for the extra person bed as we already paid for that. It toom them almost 45mins to deliver the extra, we also requested for towels as the room had only two towels. Room was full of bugs and we were not able to sleep comfortably at night. The curtain had holes, so if you do plan a trip to Melia Caribe Tropical then avoid room 1811. We feel we were given the worst room because the receptionist wanted us to come back and purchase the upgrade. If you have olive skin and do not speak fluent Spanish, then you are in trouble which I noticed throughout resort. Beach area was reserving drinks to everyone but no one came to us, we had to walk everytime to get a drink (hmmm thought this was all inclusive service).

I would say to Stay Away from Melia Caribe Tropical, being this was our first visit as a family to Dominican Republic I am not sure if I will be comfortable to go again with the treatment we received. The short vacation was to actually celebrate my spouses birthday and Melia Caribe Tropical made it a real bad experience.

Good Luck to all who have already reserved this resort and make sure to stay away from Room # 1811 which is not a suite at all.

I think a Clarion would a better property than room # 1811

Stayed June 2013

Value Location Sleep Quality Rooms Cleanliness ServiceAsk MAB243 about Melia Caribe Tropical

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Stay away from Room # 1811
by mab243

Melia Outstanding Vacation Resort

"We have been to the Melia caribe Tropical 14 times in the last 7 years.

We just returned from the Melia and we had for a very enjoyable and outstanding 10 days.

The Melia has become our home away from home.

The accomodations, restaurants and all the facilities

continue to more than meet our expectations.

We appreciate all the Melia employees who continue to perform outstanding service and their response to any needs we have.

We enjoy the beach and the non motorized water craft, in addition to the spa facilities.

We will return next year our 15th time for 2 weeks.

If any problems arise you can always count on guest services

personnel to satisify your needs.

They also have a very interesting and challenging golf course.

Nightly shows start at 9;45 and the casino is open in the evening.

There are also numerous side trips available.

Some of the many managers and staff members who

will provide you with outstanding service are Karolina Genao (Guest Service manager), Leonardo Guerra (guest services), restaurant mgrs, Diogenes Castillo, Pantaleon castillo, Carlos Della Cruz, Cruz Peraita and Pablo who serves the large lobsters and steaks.

We have sent many friends to the Melia and they all had a great experience.

We will return next year for our 15th time for 2 weeks.

• Holiday details: Dec 2012
by RCHGJH

Wonderful Family Vacation

"Our family of 9 (8 adults & 1 child) enjoyed a wonderful vacation at the Melia last month. We travel extensively and were impressed with the beauty, service, and friendliness at the resort. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the food was very good with the ala carte restaurants providing a huge range of choices. We appreciated the upgrade to Royal Service and having Abel take exceptionally good care of us. All of us hope to return again for another fantastic vacation."

by travelfun652

Royal Service is the way to go!

"we just returned from having our wedding at Melia Caribe and it was great.

You must get upgraded to Royal Service because it is worth it all the way.

The drivers are the best and stand out the most such as Vicente, Pablo, Eddie, Pedro.

They are top notch and super professional.

We loved it and plan to return again one day!!

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Funjet
by KelleyMarie

Great Vacation

"My wife and I spent the 1st week of February at Melia Caribe Tropical. This was our 4th straight February there. The last 2 years we booked royal service and we are so glad that we did as it was so much better than before. We hope to return again next February for a longer stay than this year.

I felt that I had to comment about the 2 butlers who took care of us the last 2 years at royal service. They are Abel Nuñez and Pablo Martinez Garcia. We would have enjoyed our stay regardless but it was extra special with the way they took care of our every need. When our bus arrived from the airport, they were both waiting at the curb for us and when we got to our room, they had the whirlpool all ready for us to get right into with a bottle of champagne for us to enjoy. They would call us a number of times during the day to see if there was anything they could do for us and if they were not available, they would send someone else to help us. Besides taking care of our every need, they were also very cordial and we consider them as our friends, not our butlers. We can’t say enough about them and how they took care of us and helped make our stay even better. I e-mailed them well in advance to let them know we were coming hoping they would be on duty while we were there. We have stayed in touch via e-mail since we met them in February 2011. We also saw some other guests who were fond of them as well. They really take their jobs seriously but they do it in a friendly way. You are very lucky to have such loyal and nice employees.

We ate a number of breakfasts and lunches away from the Gabi Club at either the Turey Grill or the Agora Grill so we could look at the ocean while we ate. It was these times that we were served by 3 extremely helpful and courteous waiters. They were Dennis Valdez, Junel Jean and Algenis Lamuth. Dennis and Junel especially always had big smiles all the time. They knew that we wanted to be able to look at the ocean while we ate so they made sure that we had a table with an excellent view. They were always right there to see if we needed anything and when we did, they took care of it right away. There are very nice young men.

While there were some minor problems that I won’t get into here but overall, our stay at Melia was wonderful and we will return each February if we can. Please let Abel and Pablo know how much we appreciate them.

• Holiday details: Feb 2012, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Did not need to go off the grounds as the resort had everything plus the added feature of a great mall with a special entrance/exit just for resort patrons.
by Ronald T

Outstanding resort, beach, restaurants, pools and staff

We just retrned from another fantastic vacation at the Melia Caribe Tropical 01-31-12/02-07-12. It was our 12th time at the Melia resort.

We have been going there twice a year over the last 6 years.

We enjoy the resorts wonderful restaurants,beaches,pools and the exceptional/outstanding service by the employees/staff.We will be returning to the Melia the end of 2012 for our next vacation

and to renew our ongoing friendship with some of the employees/staff.

The Melia has been our home away from home.

We also have sent numerous couples/friends to the Melia and they all

have enjoyed their time spent there.

• Holiday details: Feb 2012, All Inclusive, booked with Viking
  • Advice: Enjoy the beach, pool and evening dining. Lobster & Steak dinner is exceptional. Also side trips and golf
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by Hunter Tocaiio Gail

fantastic hotel, the Servicio Real is great.

"Thank all the hotel staff for their kindness and sympathy, especially all those working in the reception of Royal Service.

It is the third time we go to this hotel and were increasingly happier. We have been in three different room types and the truth that all have been fantastic, everything and I have to say that the Royal Service is really great. Sure you repeat.

• Holiday details: Feb 2012, All Inclusive, booked with Halcon Viages
by madiago

Wonderful!!

"We traveled to Punta Cana in June 2011, this was our first trip to the Dominican and were a little apprehensive....Upon arriving we were upgraded to Royal Service! This was a vacation of a lifetime!! Service, rooms, food and atomsphere were exceptional. We love our trip so much we have already booked to return in Feb. 2012. I would recommend this venue. The staff went above and beyond to make our trip one to remember!"

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Upgrade to Royal Service
by Punta Cana

Great Trip

"The Melia was wonderful. Food was good, service was excellent. Lots for the kids to do. Pools and beach were gorgeous, employees were warm and friendly. I will definitely return."

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Liberty Travel
by Robbyremi

Hard to leave

"Just back from a very nice vacation.

We (my spouse and I) really liked the huge resort what offers plenty animation and space for relaxing too.

Very nice the big amount of Chill out lounges.

Luxury architecture, with lakes and a beautiful tropical park with exotic animals.

The beach from Melia is nice and you will find allways a sunchair, shaddowed.

Plenty restaurants, more tha you can visit in one week. We choose the Japanese (extra charge but worth it - perfect show and very good food), the French, Italian and Mexican. All are great and the staff gives a lot of attention, not only in the restaurants.

Rooms are quiet big, comfortable and clean. Full equiped, we missed nothing.

Friendly staff, nice rooms, good restaurants and a perfect beach makes in total: perfect vacation!

If we are not travellers who allways go to other places to explore, we would come back

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Expedia
  • Advice: Saona / Golf
by MickyW2011

Just a perfect resort

"Big surprise in the dominican republic. We find a complete resort. nice and comfortable rooms. Perfect service (book royal service!) You get access to private beach with service, special restaurant -Gabi- just great! Our kids could join the Club (they had 3)and exciting tropical park with animals (peacocks, flamingos, turtles), adventure park with ziplines and many things more. Perfect beach and plenty sunchairs. We have been there for a week, not time enough to visit all the a la carte restaurants they offer!

Incredible staff, very clean hotel and the food you get fresh, delicious and in many variations.

Perfect located, next to 27 hole Golfcourt and a huge shopping mall. Nothing we miss, nothing to complain - just great.

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book Royal Service and you get service like a king!
by MartinW2000

Melia Caribe Tropical Wedding

"Beautiful Resort. As for my wedding, it was the best wedding EVER!!!!! I can honestly say that Karem (my wedding co-ordinator) made my wedding an incredibly beautiful and stress free affair. It was so easy, I barely had to do anything. She was all over every last detail. I trusted her to run with it and use her discretion for the look and the details and she blew my mind. Destination weddings are great but when attending a destination wedding you never feel like it was a real WEDDING. This was not the case for my wedding. All my guests said it was the best destination wedding they have ever been to. It was romantic and beautiful and felt like a traditional wedding but in a beautiful destination. It was everything I could possibly hope for and I’m so thankful that Karem was there with me. I can’t thank her enough! I will remember their hospitality always!"

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by CJones2011

1 2 3 »

Map for Melia Caribe Tropical Closest airport: Punta Cana (PUJ) 8 miles

Top traveller tips for Melia Caribe Tropical
  • by Robbyremi

" Book a room on the Tropical side "

• by KelleyMarie

" Upgrade to Royal Service! "

• by RCHGJH

" enjoy the beach, restaurants and the friendly staff .Catamaran water craft was a blast. Pools were outstanding. "