Soviva Resort

Service: 6.5/10
Food: 6/10
Value: 6.5/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Soviva Resort

Enter your dates:

1 2 321 »
Get a cuppa, im writing a paragraph! by VandyPandy

The hotel was atrocious, never in my life will I stay there again! I have been back 24 hours and I never realised how much I love my bed, we had a lumpy bumpy bed, an ant infestation on the beds, we were told we had a 'sea' view... you have to walk through an unsafe grotty road for about 5 minutes, me and my mum were told the marina was a 2 min walk but it was actually a 5 minute drive by taxi, the ac leaked and flooded our room... we had the loudest neighbours ever,there is a continuous fight for the sunbeds every morning and people have to wake up at 3:45am - 4:00am to get a good sunbed, the people are so rude including staff, the reception is terrible and the glasses in the morning are dirty, plates are filthy and so are the manners of the reception staff. We had got to the hotel at 2:45am and we were left without a room till 4:00am, we had given in the card you have to fill in first before anyone and still left last, a 13 year old and a women on there own left for a couple of hours, although the hotel is terrible there are also some good parts, the slides are good, the hotel is very 10- kid friendly, good Thomas cook team Steph, Heather, Elle& Chelsea there great, they have a thing called mini disco but its boring for people to watch every night the same thing! but its ok. the animation team are great the do a 'sexy' dance which is funny, very funny. I have some good memories there but also some bad ones, this essay has been written by a 13 year old girl and I don't even know what adults thought.

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: book closer to the marina like the marharba palace...

10 Days of Solviva by Annette H

on the 6th day solviva gave to me no dinner plates or cutlery

on the 7th day solviva gave 2 me still no sunbed ran out of beer

on the 8th day solviva gave to me no lemonade

on the 9th day solviva gave 2 me no dinner plates or cutlery

on the 10th day solviva gave 2 me harassment to my grandson by one of the animation team thank god we are going home

its my third time in Tunisia and I have never in my life had a hotel like this the only good service was the maid and one of the security guards there where some nasty accidents at this hotel I would advise no to take children there

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: they need to spend about 2 million upgrading the hotel its shabby and not enough sunbeds

brilliant by Cazz61

We are booking to go back next year. We had a lot of fun an met some wonderfull people no matter what their back grounds.

We loved it here.

• Holiday details: Jul 2013
  • Advice: Speak nicely to them and they will help you so much more

Great by Cazz61

Came back last week and getting ready to book up to go back next year. The staff are very helpfull and we made alot of friends.

The pool was lovely and the hotel was very clean.

We did not get bad tummies and we changed rooms with no bother.

It was a very busy time in the hotel but they always found time to be pleasant.

Will go a bit earlier next year as the temp was 113F in the shade and the sun made your skin bubble up. Also not going through the ramadam period again. How they manage to give up most things for a month in that heat, they should have a medal.

Great time and loved it

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Dont let the Thomas Cook entertainers sing. Dreadful, the animation team are much better

mrs porter dumbarton by Christine P

just had two fabulous weeks at the resort could not fault it for anything all staff and entertainers looked after myself and friends will be back

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: just enjoy everything

FANTASTIC HOLIDAY by SHUGGIE-BOY

First time in tunisia .loved hotel,food edible,staff nice and friendly.my son loved the pool,rooms were ok ,but you get what you pay for.people should know by now they are not getting the ritz,you know there planet is not like ours so please be happy with what you get or stay at home in the rain.

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: NICE FRIENDLY STAFF,NICE POOL.

Return visit to the Soviva following our shortened holiday last year. by payroller

Having been among those who were brought home early, due to the troubles in Tunisia the previous year, we returned for a 6 week stay in Jan. 2012. First impressions were good, pleasant friendly reception, room of choice and dining area and dining room staff, appeared to have been spruced up. After a day or so, it became obvious, that the troubles the previous year had deterred people from travelling to Tunisia. There were around 70 guests in this large hotel and large parts of the complex were closed. The scarcity of guests was reflected in the food choices and in the quality of entertainment. As the weeks passed, there was a marked deterioration in both these areas. Another area of concern was at weekends, when there was an influx of Tunisian guests. On these occasions, both the hotel management and the entertainment team appeared to forget the 70 British guests, which created resentment. A few of the Tunisian guests chose to mix in with us in some of our daytime activities and were perfectly friendly and good company, though most kept to themselves and to be frank some of their behaviour in the dining room was shocking. Children, allowed to run amok etc, etc. With all holidays, it is fair to remember how much you paid and in that respect the Soviva was good value for money. Other than the entertainment and food choices deteriorating over the weeks and the disruption at weekends, there was nothing specific to complain about. Having said that, having spent 3 winter long stay holidays at the Soviva, we and the group of 12 or so that we socialised with, will be looking for another hotel for our winter 2013 holiday.

Excellant once again by mascotty

This is twice we have been back to the hotel resort first time in 2009 and again this year June 2012, again had a fantastic time and although the location is a small distance away from the main centre Port El Kantaoui it is only a short bus or taxi ride away, this includes Sousse itself tiring on the feet but a must to visit the medina a city within a city with the market place, again excellant. The room again was spotless and again after watching the reviews on watchdog and travel adviser personally I think was rubbish, I am a stickler for tidyness and cleanliness and will moan and complain at anything, the only thing in the room I was concerned about was the shower screen, it was a little small so water got onto the floor, but the towel when finished drying sorted that out, the sheets and blankets were spotless and no stains or anything untoward on them and overall the room was a 9.5/10.

The food was again no real change, very nice, but very repetative this time, even though I dont take the kids with me thought that there was little selection for them, I did have a quick word with the chef who I get on well with and made a suggestion or two rather than complaining and he brought some chicken nuggets out for lunch for the kids the next day, these went down a treat, I had 4 nuggets-sorry kids. the entertainment on site was a lot better this time aswell, with the Thomas Cook entertainment team, still needs a lot of working on but hey it was a lot better, the beer, well, was not great, but at the end of the day this is tunisia who do not drink through religion and beliefs, and also being a third world country they are getting there and they should be proud of that, a lovely country and people were brilliant, cannot fault any of the staff, they worked hard and also played hard.

We booked our own day trips when we wanted to go, am really not that keen booking with the hotel or the reps as this sometimes gets expensive and I prefer to go when I want to go, and not to their schedules, after all I am on holiday, they were a pain keep asking you if you want to go after several times saying no, but hey it is their job and they need to make a living, such as you and me.

Overall, had another great time, I will go back again and dont forget to haggle, its fun and will be cheaper..Taxis 3 dinars before 6pm and 5 dinar after 6pm and between 5-8 Dinar after midnight-Haggle!!

Have a great time we did for the second time and am definitely going back again for the 3rd time and to the same resort..The Soviva- should be 5star UK.

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Haggle with a Vengeance

The Soviva by mascotty

I was there in June 2009, this was for the first time and although a third world country, found the hotel, clean, tidy and the staff were friendly, I had no issues at all with the hotel, even the bar on the beach they were kind and courteous, I think people who go to these places go with high expectations and expect the health and safety/health and hygene guidelines with the uk. 'It aint going to happen' and this is with most countries I have been to, Overall I was 99.9% satisfied with this hotel and staff including Cleanliness. now the 0.1% was because we didnt have a toaster in the room. Location great for the kids, security on each gate, not in your face but they are there, and even they are courteous each time you go in and out, night life is somewhat to be desired but again they are not drinkers or clubbing fanatics but you can have a pleasant evening in the resort or local cuisine. I can honestly say there was nothing I really did not like, and I am pretty fussy

anyone going out there, enjoy yourself you will have a great time, I will be out there again this Month on the 28th May 2012.

Regards

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, booked with Thomas Cook

what a great holiday by dean foster

what a great holiday me my mrs and 14 year old daughter loved it at this hotel everybody and everything was spot on we loved it that much going back on 26th aug 2012 the thomas cook team and animation team were great the pool was good beach bar was good the tunisians are really friendly if you look after them they will look after you they looked after us all threw are holiday so i rewarded them with 41 dina which is 20 english pound

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Booked Independently

soviva sept 21 2011 ....brilliant....ignore the bad reviews by christine leeds

read so many bad reviews AFTER i booked i was a bit wary...BUT i couldnt have been more pleased.. this is my fifth visit to tunisia...3 hotels in sousse and this is my second in port el kantoui...i CAN HONESTLY SAY THE FOOD HERE IS THE BEST OF ALL OF THEM...plenty of variety and choices to suit all, even the pickiest of eaters ...the location is not as near the centre as hoped but a good walk or local bus (1 dinar) will take you...the entertainment team are enthusiastic and involved and there is some activity for everyone if they choose.....private beach a short stroll away with drinks included and snacks...what more could u need..a few extra sunbeds wouldnt go amiss but the beach staff get on one as soon as they are available..very good...around the pool some of the sunbeds get taken very very early..towels at dawn lol, generally good facilities , bath shower/tap water very discoloured tho..makes it look grubby but just a local issue...could do with a handy man with a few lightbulbs and a screwdriver but otherwise all good....waiting staff excellent, good atmosphere,all round..would go again

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook

Brill Hol by madmaz

My sister and myself were dreading this hol after reading some of the reviews, but what a great surprise when we got there, great room comfy beds,huge wardrobes plenty of space,rooms cleaned everyday always clean towels,the pool area is amazing a huge area, and if you get to hot terraces with lots of tables and chairs in the shade, lots going on, the thomas cook reps and animation team are brilliant, lots of games if you want to join in, they are not pushy but a great way to meet people and have a laugh,A 5minute walk to the beach where the hotel has its own private part, and a grass area where you can chill out in the shade on sofas or tabe and chairs, soft drinks and snacks also avaiabe,We enjoyed the evening entertainment, the animation team and thomas cook reps do the shows and .they were brillant, they all all put alot of effort in. Food average have had alot worse, there is always a chef making omelettes, pancakes, eggs anyway you want them, and thats at every meal you wont starve.would definitely go again.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: have more than one person serving at the pool bar. make the drinks colder, get some ice.

1 2 321 »

Stayed at Soviva Resort? Share your insight.

Soviva Resort also called

• golden soviva
  • Golden Soviva Hotel
  • soviva hotel
  • soviva hotel port el kantaoui
  • Address: El Kantaoui Hammam Sousse, Port El Kantaoui 4089, Tunisia

Map for Soviva Resort Closest airport: Habib Bourguiba (MIR) 12.9 miles

Soviva Resort photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Soviva Resort
  • by elocinllepac

" A lovely little aeroplane themed restaurant near the big shopping centre up the road. "

• by donna.nursey

" we did the camels, quads, pirate ship, and all the beach water sports,thy were all cheap too. "

• by laura

" i would definitely go again to the same hotel. loads to do for families and the pool was great! "

• by quinny127

" For a fmaily Holiday the kids will be kept entertained all the way! "

• by a fellow traveller

" It's a lovely place but the people can be a little persistant. DO NOT go to the Medina! "

• by TheBritChick

" Go outside of the hotel for night entertainment "

• by christine leeds

" get up early for sunbed, drinks expensive around fountain in kantaoui but cheaper at marina "

• by mascotty

" dont expect high expectations just go and enjoy yourself, lovely hotel and people "