Soviva Resort

Service: 6.5/10
Food: 6/10
Value: 6.5/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Soviva Resort

1 2 321 »
Lovely holiday

"Three of us went to the soviva, this has been our 7th year, still impressed with the resort, the service is great and the staff are so friendly. The rooms are clean and tidy, what is more, the beds are so comfy. Sarah, our Thomas Cooke rep is more like a friend, not pushy at all! Sun beds/mattresses no problem, fresh water freely available every day, alcohol is free as is the coffee. Pool, slides, and entertainment all as good as you could wish and this in October. No bad report except a lack of guests, but this suits us as we choose to go "out of season" already booking for next year, can't wait!"

• Holiday details: Oct 2014, booked with Thomas Cook
by Patricia G

DISGUSTING & DANGEROUS!!!

"We have just returned from our 11nites of HELL!! We booked 2 rooms together & was given 2 rooms one at one end of corridor & the other one the opposite end & when I confronted the man at reception he told me NO you have these 2 rooms no more!! Went to rep in the afternoon & complained who kindly dealt with the situation & she went & spoke with reception, then came back to me & said if I had gone to reception in the morning could of changed my room (NOT WHAT THE MALE RECEPTIONIST TOLD ME)!! U can move room but not until Wednesday this was Sunday :( porters hanging around my daughters room seeing who was I the room whilst the porter shown me & my husband to our room!!!

Never any clean tables, cutlery, plates waiters rude if you don't tip them spillages left & not cleaned up straight away!!! Rooms look clean but you all need to look a lot more closely brown stained baths and sinks, toilet wouldn't flush! Wardrobe doors hanging on with one clip (my 11yr old son opened it & it fell & caught him) luckily me & my husband was there to catch it & there heavy mirrored wooden doors! Wall light missing off wall but live wires hanging out (RIDICULOUSLY DANGEROUS) in my children's room as well....!!

My 15yr old daughter constantly harassed by male staff, she also got hit by a cue off a Russian boy & told to move & then his brother stepped in & threatened her with a PEN KNIFE!!! Very safe place with lovely guests NOT!!! My 11yr old son got kicked off a grown up Russian man!

My 3yr old son had an accident where they had made a feature out of plastic grates by the small pool had dipped & so caused him to trip up & cut his ankle & stumped his toe & I had an accident in the same place but the whole plastic collapsed on me & I fell into the hole & damaged all my leg very badly bruised & tissue damage, Got to have physio on my leg now!

Constant large queuing at bars for drinks to be told come back in 20mins we have no beer!! We ended up buying drinks from the shops because of dehydration 2pumps in a hotel to serve 1400 people is horrendous!

Don't feel we have had the relaxation & quality family time because of constant queuing! Come 11 at nite its 2 drinks per person we are a family of 6???

Never in my life do I want to experience a holiday like this Thomas cook have a lot to answer!!

one very unhappy customer!!!!

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't stay at the soviva resort
by d stanley

Brilliant stay, already looking to return in 2015

"We had a wonderful time at the Hotel Soviva, the kids enjoyed the pools and slides, they enjoyed the food, drinks and had a wonderful time.

You have to remember this is not Britian, you will get harassed as you walk passed shops and stalls, so either be prepared to haggle or get very good at saying, no thank you and walking on. You can go on a tour round the medina at Sousse and the guide will make sure you aren't hassled too much., There are also fixed price government shops you can use these to get an idea of the prices. Most places will accept UK pounds as well as Tunisian Dinar (TD), just make sure you are very aware of the exchange rate.

Soviva itself was welcoming, the room was basic, but had everything that we needed(except glasses), the shower worked, the toilet flushed, the maid came in every day and coped very well with a number of wet sheets from my boys. We left a pile of coins on the side and they were never touched. TV ok but only has BBC World Service, air con worked well enough and wasn't noisy. You will need to 'acquire' beakers from the bar if you want to drink in your room. The beds were comfy enough, some people might think they were a bit hard but I slept fine on them.

We managed to get sunbeds everyday with no trouble, we just tipped the bed guys a little each day, and when we turned up the next day they would get us our sunbeds out and put mattresses on them for us. Not always under umbrella's but we always had comfy sunbathing. The pool was great the morning aerobics was great, and the games in the pool were fab, the entertainments team worked really hard all day long.

The food was great, there is plenty, the cuts of meat are not familiar, but they were generally tasty, there are pancakes, omelets, pizzas are cooked fresh and there is a grill that cooks different things each meal, tuna, sardines, sausages, steak all sorts of stuff. Avoid the stuff labelled butter, it isn't and it is totally revolting. Sometimes you have to wait a bit for plates, but there is a rapid turn over of plates, cutlery, food etc and if you cant see what you want, ask for it. There are beautiful melon sculptures, and melon features as a fresh fruit at every meal. Tea is only served a breakfast, I liked their green tea it did the job just fine. Desserts were very sweet, I wasn't keen because I'm diabetic, but the kids loved them. Soft drinks were also incredibly sweet, tonic water is Schweppes, beer is ok, it is weak but I wouldn't want to be drinking strong beer in that heat, you get a 2ltr bottle of water each day from reception.

The waiters can also be tipped and that will guarantee you quicker service with drinks, or a particular table each night, we didn't bother to be honest, we felt the service was adequate and we weren't fussy about which table we sat at.

The spa is great, I had a great treatments there, my husband used the gym, it is not air conditioned, he used to do his routine and then come out and have a swim in the pool.

We did a trip to the Medina, which was great, and we also did a trip to El Djem, which was great, it would have been better if we could have spent a little more time there, as it was a long journey and maybe not have gone to the mosaic museum

If you use a taxi agree a price before you actually leave, I think 5TD is the rate into Sousse, check with the hotel, or the Thomas cook rep.

Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and we are looking to return, it is ideal for families.

Don't be put off by last years comments, a lot of work has been done and there is a rolling program of redecorating and the place was very clean, the sun loungers are hosed off each night as are the mattresses. We loved it.

• Holiday details: Jul 2014, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Brilliant pool, befriend the sun lounge men, they stand under the curly slide.
by Kate E

Get a cuppa, im writing a paragraph!

"The hotel was atrocious, never in my life will I stay there again! I have been back 24 hours and I never realised how much I love my bed, we had a lumpy bumpy bed, an ant infestation on the beds, we were told we had a 'sea' view... you have to walk through an unsafe grotty road for about 5 minutes, me and my mum were told the marina was a 2 min walk but it was actually a 5 minute drive by taxi, the ac leaked and flooded our room... we had the loudest neighbours ever,there is a continuous fight for the sunbeds every morning and people have to wake up at 3:45am - 4:00am to get a good sunbed, the people are so rude including staff, the reception is terrible and the glasses in the morning are dirty, plates are filthy and so are the manners of the reception staff. We had got to the hotel at 2:45am and we were left without a room till 4:00am, we had given in the card you have to fill in first before anyone and still left last, a 13 year old and a women on there own left for a couple of hours, although the hotel is terrible there are also some good parts, the slides are good, the hotel is very 10- kid friendly, good Thomas cook team Steph, Heather, Elle& Chelsea there great, they have a thing called mini disco but its boring for people to watch every night the same thing! but its ok. the animation team are great the do a 'sexy' dance which is funny, very funny. I have some good memories there but also some bad ones, this essay has been written by a 13 year old girl and I don't even know what adults thought."

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: book closer to the marina like the marharba palace...
by VandyPandy

on the 6th day solviva gave to me no dinner plates or cutlery

on the 7th day solviva gave 2 me still no sunbed ran out of beer

on the 8th day solviva gave to me no lemonade

on the 9th day solviva gave 2 me no dinner plates or cutlery

on the 10th day solviva gave 2 me harassment to my grandson by one of the animation team thank god we are going home

its my third time in Tunisia and I have never in my life had a hotel like this the only good service was the maid and one of the security guards there where some nasty accidents at this hotel I would advise no to take children there

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: they need to spend about 2 million upgrading the hotel its shabby and not enough sunbeds
by Annette H

brilliant

"We are booking to go back next year. We had a lot of fun an met some wonderfull people no matter what their back grounds.

We loved it here.

• Holiday details: Jul 2013
  • Advice: Speak nicely to them and they will help you so much more
by Cazz61

Great

"Came back last week and getting ready to book up to go back next year. The staff are very helpfull and we made alot of friends.

The pool was lovely and the hotel was very clean.

We did not get bad tummies and we changed rooms with no bother.

It was a very busy time in the hotel but they always found time to be pleasant.

Will go a bit earlier next year as the temp was 113F in the shade and the sun made your skin bubble up. Also not going through the ramadam period again. How they manage to give up most things for a month in that heat, they should have a medal.

Great time and loved it

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Dont let the Thomas Cook entertainers sing. Dreadful, the animation team are much better
by Cazz61

mrs porter dumbarton

"just had two fabulous weeks at the resort could not fault it for anything all staff and entertainers looked after myself and friends will be back"

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: just enjoy everything
by Christine P

FANTASTIC HOLIDAY

"First time in tunisia .loved hotel,food edible,staff nice and friendly.my son loved the pool,rooms were ok ,but you get what you pay for.people should know by now they are not getting the ritz,you know there planet is not like ours so please be happy with what you get or stay at home in the rain."

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: NICE FRIENDLY STAFF,NICE POOL.
by SHUGGIE-BOY

Return visit to the Soviva following our shortened holiday last year.

"Having been among those who were brought home early, due to the troubles in Tunisia the previous year, we returned for a 6 week stay in Jan. 2012. First impressions were good, pleasant friendly reception, room of choice and dining area and dining room staff, appeared to have been spruced up. After a day or so, it became obvious, that the troubles the previous year had deterred people from travelling to Tunisia. There were around 70 guests in this large hotel and large parts of the complex were closed. The scarcity of guests was reflected in the food choices and in the quality of entertainment. As the weeks passed, there was a marked deterioration in both these areas. Another area of concern was at weekends, when there was an influx of Tunisian guests. On these occasions, both the hotel management and the entertainment team appeared to forget the 70 British guests, which created resentment. A few of the Tunisian guests chose to mix in with us in some of our daytime activities and were perfectly friendly and good company, though most kept to themselves and to be frank some of their behaviour in the dining room was shocking. Children, allowed to run amok etc, etc. With all holidays, it is fair to remember how much you paid and in that respect the Soviva was good value for money. Other than the entertainment and food choices deteriorating over the weeks and the disruption at weekends, there was nothing specific to complain about. Having said that, having spent 3 winter long stay holidays at the Soviva, we and the group of 12 or so that we socialised with, will be looking for another hotel for our winter 2013 holiday."

by payroller

Excellant once again

"This is twice we have been back to the hotel resort first time in 2009 and again this year June 2012, again had a fantastic time and although the location is a small distance away from the main centre Port El Kantaoui it is only a short bus or taxi ride away, this includes Sousse itself tiring on the feet but a must to visit the medina a city within a city with the market place, again excellant. The room again was spotless and again after watching the reviews on watchdog and travel adviser personally I think was rubbish, I am a stickler for tidyness and cleanliness and will moan and complain at anything, the only thing in the room I was concerned about was the shower screen, it was a little small so water got onto the floor, but the towel when finished drying sorted that out, the sheets and blankets were spotless and no stains or anything untoward on them and overall the room was a 9.5/10.

The food was again no real change, very nice, but very repetative this time, even though I dont take the kids with me thought that there was little selection for them, I did have a quick word with the chef who I get on well with and made a suggestion or two rather than complaining and he brought some chicken nuggets out for lunch for the kids the next day, these went down a treat, I had 4 nuggets-sorry kids. the entertainment on site was a lot better this time aswell, with the Thomas Cook entertainment team, still needs a lot of working on but hey it was a lot better, the beer, well, was not great, but at the end of the day this is tunisia who do not drink through religion and beliefs, and also being a third world country they are getting there and they should be proud of that, a lovely country and people were brilliant, cannot fault any of the staff, they worked hard and also played hard.

We booked our own day trips when we wanted to go, am really not that keen booking with the hotel or the reps as this sometimes gets expensive and I prefer to go when I want to go, and not to their schedules, after all I am on holiday, they were a pain keep asking you if you want to go after several times saying no, but hey it is their job and they need to make a living, such as you and me.

Overall, had another great time, I will go back again and dont forget to haggle, its fun and will be cheaper..Taxis 3 dinars before 6pm and 5 dinar after 6pm and between 5-8 Dinar after midnight-Haggle!!

Have a great time we did for the second time and am definitely going back again for the 3rd time and to the same resort..The Soviva- should be 5star UK.

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Haggle with a Vengeance
by mascotty

The Soviva

"I was there in June 2009, this was for the first time and although a third world country, found the hotel, clean, tidy and the staff were friendly, I had no issues at all with the hotel, even the bar on the beach they were kind and courteous, I think people who go to these places go with high expectations and expect the health and safety/health and hygene guidelines with the uk. 'It aint going to happen' and this is with most countries I have been to, Overall I was 99.9% satisfied with this hotel and staff including Cleanliness. now the 0.1% was because we didnt have a toaster in the room. Location great for the kids, security on each gate, not in your face but they are there, and even they are courteous each time you go in and out, night life is somewhat to be desired but again they are not drinkers or clubbing fanatics but you can have a pleasant evening in the resort or local cuisine. I can honestly say there was nothing I really did not like, and I am pretty fussy

anyone going out there, enjoy yourself you will have a great time, I will be out there again this Month on the 28th May 2012.

Regards

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: dont expect high expectations just go and enjoy yourself, lovely hotel and people
by mascotty

1 2 321 »

Map for Soviva Resort Closest airport: Habib Bourguiba (MIR) 12.9 miles

Soviva Resort photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Soviva Resort
  • by elocinllepac

" A lovely little aeroplane themed restaurant near the big shopping centre up the road. "

• by donna.nursey

" we did the camels, quads, pirate ship, and all the beach water sports,thy were all cheap too. "

• by laura

" i would definitely go again to the same hotel. loads to do for families and the pool was great! "

• by quinny127

" For a fmaily Holiday the kids will be kept entertained all the way! "

• by a fellow traveller

" It's a lovely place but the people can be a little persistant. DO NOT go to the Medina! "

• by TheBritChick

" Go outside of the hotel for night entertainment "

• by christine leeds

" get up early for sunbed, drinks expensive around fountain in kantaoui but cheaper at marina "

• by mascotty

" dont expect high expectations just go and enjoy yourself, lovely hotel and people "