Ficus

Good

Food: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Ficus

1 2 319 »
Very nice, clean little hotel. Very well run and friendly.

Can I just say, I very rarely write letters of thanks but this one deserves it wholeheartedly .

Your staff in the Ficus, Costa Teguise. Kimberly & Liam (AKA Mr Tumble) were absolutely superb and a credit to your company. The level of professionalism, understanding and level of energy and entertainment ideas was first rate.

They both deserve high praise. Well done Thomas Cook for hiring such nice people who care about their jobs and the holidaymakers.

Well done keep up the good work.

• Holiday details: May 2014, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Away from the bar if you have kids or want an early night. No lifts, so ground or 1st floor would be better.
by Mark D

AVOID!!

"I would not even give 1 star to this place. Food is repetitive and not cooked properly. food service ended before times stated. All alcoholic drinks were very watered down. In our 2 week stay our room was cleaned properly once. Entertainment were always too loud and obnoxious. Not only did you have to rent pretty much anything you needed you also had a price to pay daily for it e.g a kettle or fan and telephone etc. if you wanted WiFi its a ridiculous charge which should be included due to all inclusive!! Pool was not heated considering Winter sun so caught bad colds. All staff were very unhelpful apart from Alex. Put off Lanzarote completely!!!"

• Holiday details: Jan 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Go out and buy your own food and drink!
by Sarah L

Things you must know!

"The first thing you must know before you book a stay here is that there is NO air conditioning on site, this means you will be hot at night and you will share every meal with the local fly's, we found this the worst part of the whole stay. The hotel is clean and we found all the staff friendly. We found the food adequate but not great, saying that; we didn't starve. The pool area is nice and clean with plenty of sun beds and the Thomas cook entertainment team were great at keeping the kids busy!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with Jet2
  • Advice: Have an open mind and try not to be critical
by shipster101

Good

"We have just returned from a week at the ficus with our 9month old daughter. After reading quite a few reviews I was quite concerned although we had no need to be. The rooms were extremely spacious, clean and tidy. The food was good and catered for all. Alcohol was just your standard beer and house spirits but that's too be expected. Fortunately the sun beds aren't in use until 8am so no having to set the alarm to get down there.

Everything is in walking distance and Costa Teguise is a lovely place to explore. El Maestro restaurant is a must if you fancy a change from the Ficus and was pretty cheap too. A pint of beer on the resort was only €1.50 which certainly doesn't break the bank. There's a Spa 5 minutes walk away.

The rep Jess is absolutely lovely and extremely helpful. Jonny and Lindsey worked all hours entertaining guests and they did a grand job. Sunday is the only day that there is no entertainment. Me and my husband didn't want to leave and wish we had done 10 days there.

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Just relax and enjoy.
by Anneleise123

disappointed 2nd visit! 15/6/2012

"I went to the Ficus in November 2010 for my honeymoon. It was absolutely brilliant, so much so that when it came to booking this year to take my 13 year old son on holiday we booked the Ficus again. ( what a mistake) it has changed in two years! We found out when we got there the first night that 3 Apartments had been broken in to ( off other residents not the owners). We were given probably the worst room with views of a palm tree and shed ( I requested twice to move but was ignored), the food was awful, chicken or pork and chips all the time. We had to pay to hire the kettle, remote for the tele and the tele, £20 euros as we walked through the door!

I couldnt wait to leave this time my son ate his food in Cactus Jacks at the bottom of the road which is brill! Really sad as I will never visit the Ficus again, and i had so many good memories in 2010!

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go out as much as possible and explore!
by Jacqueline M

You get what you pay for

"Just spent a week here and found the Hotel Clean and the Staff very Helpful although the rooms are dated.Rooms are on three floors but no lifts.And it will take a 5-10 mins walk to the shops.

If you want a Hot drink before 8am then you will have to hire a Kettle(1 euro a day).

At meal times you can always find something to eat and yes french fries are always on the menue at Lunch and Dinner.

If you want a Alcoholic Drink between 10:30-17.00 it is self service for all types from the restaurant except spirits you have to ask a member of staff.

The rep and entertainment team go out of their way to make your holiday memorable

• Holiday details: Mar 2012, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Paul E

Paris is the best

"I've just got back from a weeks holiday with my friends from here and we had an excellent time. The apartments were cleaned daily and hotel was clean and tidy at all times. Poolside was always clean and tidy. The food in the hotel was good and they're was always plenty of food to eat. Although the local alcohol wasn't great the staff didn't mind u bringing your own bottles to the table. The entertainment staff were great especially Paris she was great. Paris was very helpful, friendly and always smiling. She really cheered us up on poolside and we would only stay around if she was on shift. Hats off to Paris! Also Tony the Thomas Cook rep in the holiday was great. Helpful and always happy to answer any questions we had. I would go back again it was fun."

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by gig

Great 3 star hotel but nowhere near a 4 star - you get what you pay for!

"We arrived mid afternoon on 20.10.11 to a large group of drunk loud people swearing like troopers around the pool and thought OMG we have come to a hell hole!! They went home the next day and that's when our holiday started.....the rooms are basic and need updating BUT they are very clean and well kept, cleaned 5 days a wk. The food is very good...always fresh salad, fresh bread rolls...yes there's fries but always lots of other choice and either chicken, fish or beef is cooked in front of you every day.... also themed nights several times a week....chinese, italian, spanish...you'd have to be extremely fussy to say it was bad....constantly topped up and staff always cleaning the area and clearing away plates etc very quickly. No queues in restaurant and staff always smiling/courteous. Lee, Paris & Charlotte were fab...did not mither you to join in the games but asked everyone if they wanted to take part, if you said no, fine they just moved onto the next person...our 11 yr old daughter loved it, certainly kept her entertained rather than just playing in the pool. You do need to get up at 8am to reserve a sunbed in a decent spot! Drinks were all local but were fine. This is a 3 star hotel and if you do want the finer things in a hotel then you need to pay the extra to get those things as you will not find them here but we had a lovely holiday for the price we paid and we would definitely return here if we were looking for a holiday on a budget again."

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Get a room on the top floor but not near the stairwell - noisy when people are going back to their rooms late at night
by The Porters

Do not go here, terrible hotel

"My wife, 2 year old daughter and myself have just returned from the hotel ficus after 10 days.

To start on a positive note, Costa Teguise is lovely, a really clean and beautiful resort with nice beaches and good places to eat. Must mention the Chinese in the square called Bangkok Chinese, fantastic food and good prices.

That unfortunately is the end of the positives.

I think it is important that you know our background, we are a professional couple who work in London and whilst we are used to creature comforts, we have stayed in a number of 3 star all inclusive hotels accross the Balerics and Canaries as we don't believe in being over lavish with hotels, especially when we are looking for family friendly hotels for our little one.

This hotel is by no means or in any way a family friendly hotel....the entertainment during the day seemed to cater for more of the 18-30 holiday seeking types than for families. The Evening entertainment was not much better, with only an hour at 8'OClock set aside for a mini disco for older children. Nothing for the younger children at all.

Paris, Charlotte and Lee, the entertainment team do work very hard but that is all I can say for them.

The majority of customers to this hotel were tatoo'd, lager loutish idiots who were happy to leave their children to do whatever they liked and screaming until 3am in the morning. Whilst we were at the hotel, there was a large family row with obscence language until the early hours, a couple of fights and who knows what else....Please believe me, if you are the type that enjoys getting drunk all day and acting like a twit, you will love this place. If like me, you are looking for a safe and enjoying place for your family, without the language etc, do not come here....

Moving to the food, we have found other 3 star hotels to cater very well, the Ficus however, does not...terrible food that is repetitive. If you like chips and pork turned into all sorts of things, then great. If you like some choice, you won't like this. Could hardly get my daughter to eat anything for 10 days and she mainly fed on bread and rolls. We eat out a number of times to counter this. My little girl wakes early, but breakfast does not start until 8. My wife on our first day attempted to get a cup of tea at 7:30 and was promptly sent packing.

The drinks available are also just as terrible. The free wine was awful, the fizzy drinks were local sweet syrup and the coffee was like dish water. The Ice Cream however which could be obtained most of the day, was actually quite nice.

We did not suffer from cockroaches but found two dead in the swimming pool and countless dead in and around the complex. Our neighbour however found at least 10 live cockroaches and were given a spray to deal with it.

Cleaning was sporadic and to be honest, our room wasn't cleaned very often. At the end of our stay, we still had hair from the previous occupants all over the bathroom...yuck. Room was otherwise fine and the shower was actually quite powerful.

The whole complex is very dated, a former self catering hotel that I feel needs knocking down and starting again.

Oh and to be honest, we didn't have an issue with sunbeds, no one got out of bed before 8 as they had been too drunk and rowing from the night before, so if we wanted them, we got them.

We did have a lovely holiday but not because of the Ficus. Lanzarote and the resort of Costa Teguise really made it for us. Go to this resort but don't go to this hotel or the sister hotel of El Trebol.

One final thing, the Market in Teguise old town is fantistic but book this is town at half the price. Not via hotels. Thanks for listening to my rant......if you didn't get it though, do not go to this hotel unless you are a lout!!!!!!!!!

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Go to another hotel
by SuffolkSamandMatt

fantastic holiday at the ficus

"Me,my boyfriend and my stepson have just got back from a 10day holiday at the ficus!!!! we had the best time ever, even though we went last year this year was just as good maybe better!!! this year my mum and auntie followed us out there for the last 7 days and my mum didnt want to come home, she was goin to bunk up with her friends she met! even though in the brouchure it does look alot bigger the hotel is big enough to have lots of fun with your new friends and reps!!!! Paris, Charlotte and Lee were much better than last years reps and made you feel welcome the moment you get there!! day and night entertainment is great for the kids even though my stepson was hardly around us as he made soooo many friends. rooms are a great size for what you need as your only there to sleep. food and drink is plenty!! an would recommend this holiday to anyone with families looking for a fanastic holiday!!!! :)))"

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by davies1984

Ficus - great value for money

"I have been to the Ficus 5 times in the last 18 months. I think the fact that I go back speaks for itself. The reception staff are pleasant and helpful. The restaurant staff and the chefs are lovely and I have never had a dirty room. The cleaning staff are also very helpful.

The staff have recognised me on my return and treated me like an old friend. I have been there with my husban and 91 year old mother in law on two occasions with my friend on two occasions and once on my own. Everyone likes different things on holiday. I like to walk and read, but I also like nice food and I really enjoy the food at the ficus. I enjoy being there and will probably try to get back in August work permitting.

by maureen

Wonder what some people want

"We (my wife and i) have just returned from a week at Ficus and were really impressed! The Appt was basic but the same as every other canarian appt weve stayed in...the staff were really friendly, the food was very high standard varied and a lot was cooked in the dining room the salads were allways fresh..the only people we heard complaining about the food were the ones who wanted junk food. Plastic glasses are the norm for all inclusive. The complaints about not enough sunbeds were not correct more beds then space to put them in but the towel brigade were out from 6.30 in the morning ..some not actually turning up to use them until lunchtime..i would suggest a rule that if a beds not been occupied for an hour the towel should be removed. Overall the Ficus is a good place for a family holiday..maybe not great for couples."

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont just sit round the pool all day get into town..and go to the dining room after the rush has finished it more civilised
by John Hull area

1 2 319 »

Map for Ficus Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 8.2 miles

Ficus photos (1 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Ficus
  • by frances59

" The south island tour was really good. Quite educational if you're interested in volcanoes. "

• by geenahorrocks

" the volcano trip was amazing my faviroute place was legends the bar "

• by Nikki McKee

" Legands, Cactus Jacks and the volcano tour "

• by eileenmcg

" Legends Bar and italian restaurant accross the road steak to die for "

• by kt09

" great for those full time workers who need to sit on their bum everyday holiday! "

• by jaddore123

" ok but not a lot to do.beach was small. "

• by MissB

" Ideal cheap week in the sun, very cold at night. "

• by jackomul58

" Make the doors and windows more secure "