Pelagos Suites Hotel

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Pelagos Suites Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 3 »
Had a very enjoyable time at the... by  R Jones

Had a very enjoyable time at the Pelagos, the only grudge i had were the number of Dutch and Germans that put their towels out at the crack of dawn and then didnt use them until later in the morning, asked reception for an early morning wake up call at 5 a.m one morning but didnt tell my husband, so that we could put the towels down (He did see the funny side).

Hussain the bar tender very funny likeable chap and his singing is very funny, Bill is also funny in his own way.

The staff are all excellant, but the Manager should make himself know to his guests and not strutt around the complex.

The rep Kerry- all she wants is an excellent mark as soon as you get back on the plane, we were due to go on a trip to bubble beach but on route there apparently was an issue with the police and the owner of the Tavernas at bubble beach and we were re-directed to Kefalos beach, but were unaware of this until the bus stopped. In all fareness were given another opportunity to visit bubble beach for free although the 3 of us were to go it was only myself that took the excursion and i am so glad of this fact. The tavernas were closed there were no toilet facilities available and when i asked the deck chair person if there were any toilets available i was told to go behind a bush or use the sea!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Didnt see any bubbles only a nice beach

There are quite a few all inclusive complexes around the area which i belive are spoiling the local taverna trade and the local government should monitor this before things get out of hand. Along Lambi there were apx 25 tavernas, this year that number had been reduced to 10, try the Granada and converse with the owners son, he is a font of knowledge and the food is excellant and also a lot cheaper than the hotel.

Things to Do:

Hire bicycles

Go on the 3 island cruise with Kristina (Excellant)- dont go on the reps trip overcrowded

Sunburnt Arms - Sunday dinner lush

Omagodon restaurant at Zia watching the sunset

Zorbas restaurant in the old town - excellant food

Granada restaurant Lambi - excellant

Beware of the airport, if you are over your weight restriction you WILL be charged 11 euros per kilo. The tour operators bus will deliver you to the airport and you will be herded like cattle to que outside until the gate is opened. If however you go inside your check in desk is probably open, we left the queue and went to the check in desk, 2 reps came and tried to badger us to re-join the que - there was no way i was budging.

Have a good time - if we did return to Kos would stay at Pelagos but would book direct £140 per week for an apartment.

Whilst the Pelagos is a lovely place... by M Thackray

Whilst the Pelagos is a lovely place without a doubt, it can hardly be classed as 'self catering'. We had plenty of plates, cups, glasses + a microwave, coffee maker (brand new unused), kettle & fridge, but no cereal/soup/microwave bowls at all so we couldnt use the microwave. We had no saucepans - just a small frying pan, no spatulas, no sharp knife or scissors (I actually had to go to the receptionist to open a packet of ham to make sandwiches with). After asking for a sharp knife 3 times at reception & twice with the rep, they finally brought us a bread knife. My opinion is that they dont want people to cater for themselves and have to spend their money in the Pelagos restaurant ! The drinks at the bar are very expensive. You can get a large beer at the lovely taverna next door for practically the same price as a small beer at the Pelagos. We ordered a drink each at the bar some evenings, then kept going back to the room for a refill ! I can recommend the taverna (the 3 stars) next door, food is very good & traditional. Staff at the Pelagos are all nice & friendly and the pool is great. The beach was not so nice - you cant swim in the sea, but if you go into Kos town (the nearer the town, the better the beach) there are loads of restaurants/bars offering sunbeds on the beach for free - you just need to have a drink or snack. I can recommend the Sunburnt Arms, just past Papas boats. A good restaurant just before you get into town is the Sunset, on the right as you walk/bus into town. It has wagon wheels & barrels outside. Pelagos Animation team worked very hard, but most of the entertainment in our second week was aimed at children. We were a bit dissappointed with the location of our room, it was in a seperate block and we had a basement room, with the terrace being below ground level. I asked at reception if we could be moved but was told that these were the rooms allocated to First Choice. When I asked our rep the went on about 'regulations & health & safety'. Our son is 14 & 5 foot 7 so I didnt get this at all as there were little kids on the highest balconies. One day we woke up to a terrible stench, sewage or drains was being pumped out from the end of your block into the field next to us ! This went on for most of the second week. All in all we had a great time, but I wouldnt want to return.

I have just returned from my holiday... by N Taylor

I have just returned from my holiday in Kos, whilst there i stayed at the Pelagos Aparthotel, Pelagos was fantastic the staff are warm and friendly, i went with a female freind for a relaxing girls holiday and this is what i got. Pelagos is a great all rounder, it would suit families, couples and small single groups. It was constantly cleaned, the entertainment was at times a little un-organised but was still good and the food was also very good. To pool is to die for!!

It has great views and is right next to a clean beach, it is only a five to ten minute bus ride from the main town with a bus stop right outside the main entrance.

I would reccommend it to anyone and will definatley be returning myself.

Have just got back from a family... by Nick Canning

Have just got back from a family holiday at the Pelagos Aparthotel this afternoon and wanted to say that I would highly recommend going there if you appreciate a warm welcome, good service and fantastic all round quality.

When we first arrived we were put in a room round the back of the complex which was lovely and quiet but my partner who had been before was a little disappointed as she had always had a sea view during her previous stays. I suggested asking if we could move to a sea room if anyone vacated and the girls on reception were very helpful and we moved rooms within a couple of days without any hassle.

The Animation team work long hours to keep the kids (young and old) entertained, and have a very relaxed way of getting people involved with daily activities so you don't feel pressured to join in if you're looking to lounge around the pool with a book.

All the Bar and Restaurant staff are very friendly and hard-working with special mention to Bill who has a charming Greek eccentricity which is guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

The Restaurant is buffet style affair and the choice is good a varies from day to day.

Disappointed with Thomas Cook's excursions as the first one didn't turn up as the rep forgot to put our details forward and the second one, which was an 3 Island cruise, was overcrowded to the point that some people had to stand and over an 8 hour period this is just not acceptable.

Kos Old Town is lovely and there are regular buses which pull up outside the hotel and only cost 3€ for 2 adults and 2 children. When looking to eat out I would start from the port and would head up the hill toward the Market square (lots of busy tavernas) then beyond that through the shops and bar/restaurants (try the Italian Garden for good quality food) and up toward Diagoras Square and do try Hamam Oriental which is a former Turkish bath (hamam) transformed into an elegant Bar – Restaurant – Cafeteria, with various indoor spaces and terraces in the open air facing Akropolis and Xystos of the Old Town of Kos. The staff create a wonderful atmosphere and the menu is a fusion of traditional Greek cuisine with a modern twist that really works.

Overall a great holiday made better by the fantastic people we met and the way we were treated by all the staff at the Pelagos!!!

What an outstanding holiday!!! My... by J Martin

What an outstanding holiday!!! My family went for 2 weeks to the Pelagos and I joined them for a week after! Hats off to all the reps - Chucky, Sisa and Ada were very amusing and kept us all entertained. As well as the bar staff Bill and Hussain etc... all top people. Bill comes round with free watermelon during the day and free tea, coffee and biscuits are served during the quiz (10 questions of the most bizarre facts! - ask Chucky to say Wimbledon... he can't... it's hilarious!!)

Lots of international guests ... I had a great time trying to speak German and Dutch whilst playing water polo!!! I have been trying to book again for this year as I have never been so relaxed, I felt so safe at the hotel and at Kos itself. People are so friendly and always want to know where you are from and how long you are staying!

I would very much recommend hiring a car and going up into the mountains to watch the sunset which was incredible. Paradise beach was also a really good place to visit... lots of locals go there so it can get a bit busy, but there is a lady who comes around to give massages... deffo worth the money if you like a tough massage!

Kos Town is really good - I'm 23 and I have to say it's a great place to come if you're young or if you have family with you.... we took the bus in and back every night and it was pretty regular (just look out for bus 2 - ask for pelagos/centre).

My husband, 18 year old son and... by C Waterman

My husband, 18 year old son and myself have just returned from a week in the Pelagos in Kos Town. The week was fantastic from beginning to end. The complex was excellent and very clean.

The staff did everything in their power to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The entertainment team Sissi, Ada and Chucky really made our stay memorable. Bill at the bar should be on the stage he was a laugh a minute. Katerina in the restaurant was always cheerful. The reception staff were very knowledgeable about the locality and what it offered from day trips to bus timetables.

Plenty of sunbeds and towels provided for our use. There was entertainment every night ranging from comedy sketches, Greek night and karaoke to name a few. The apartments were cleaned everyday with clean towels and beds changed every other day. The kitchenette was well stocked and even though we were self catering we ate in the restaurant often as the range of food was excellent.

The Taverna next door was good value for money and the fifteen minute walk towards Kos Town revealed some lovely family owned roadside restaurants. The best holiday we have ever had!

Jamaica, Egypt, Dominican Republic,... by C Kelly

Jamaica, Egypt, Dominican Republic, Dubai, Tunisia……. My girlfriend and I have visited all of these places in the last 2years and I honestly don’t believe the overall experience compared to the 2 weeks we spent in Kos, staying at the Pelagos Hotel in Lambi.

The difficult part about writing this review is where to start as there really was no down side to this holiday.

When we arrived it was well after midnight and we were greeted in a friendly way and given information about our rooms as we checked in, en route to our room we saw the pool bar looking lively and the surroundings looking stunning although it was dark so we decided to reserve judgement until morning, in no way were we disappointed.

This hotel is so clean and well looked after it's ridiculous….. If they had even the tiniest thing go wrong then they would have a specialist take care of it within hours.

The prices of drinks in the hotel aren’t cheap but the service and company are worth the extra in my opinion. We also met some absolutely top notch people sitting around that bar that helped make our holiday so good – Jaz and Mike!!

The trips are a bit over priced with Thomson – but worth it Sunshine Cruise 10/10, Zia sunset is nice but travel to Turkey with one of the ferries in the marina and take a taxi to the royal hamam for a Turkish bath. If you pay for your return ferry, taxi to the hamam, the Turkish bath and extra massage it's still cheaper than the basic package to Turkey with Thomson.

Lambi is fairly small but has some excellent restaurants - Van Gogh’s being the best in my opinion. Try the saganaki followed by souvlaki chicken - tremendous.

Kos Town itself is a cracking place, catering for everyone – Bar Street for the nights spent dancing and making a fool of yourself : )

The Old town in Kos is the best place to eat with the best service but try not to visit a restaurant more than once as the service never lives up to the previous visit.

Top 2 restaurants in Kos Town are the Hamam in the old town which is fantastic food in extremely large portions, it also has an original hamam in the building which is beautiful. The second restaurant is 8 and a half which is an Italian restaurant with a beautiful garden to eat in…. if you like Italian food this is fantastic!!

As for places to drink – Café Passagio is the best place to go – it’s on the cobbled streets toward the old town and has Orange lanterns and chairs facing the street which is a great place to watch the world go by. The manager is also extremely friendly and will join you in some excellent shots – which unlike the rest of Kos are extremely strong.

Back to the hotel. The best thing about the Pelagos is its employees – Hussain the evening barman is one of the nicest most genuine guys you could meet with an awesome haircut and what a barman!! Vasillis aka Bob aka Jason – is a bit crazy but real fun and always ready for a chat!! Maria – lovely bar tender during the days always smiling. Chucky – Head of Animation and an all round funny guy - be sure to watch his fakir show. Linda, Sisa and Ada – 3 young girls from Slovakia made our holiday, they are always on the go doing activities and shows for the staff and keeping everyone entertained and a real laugh!!

Overall I would recommend this hotel and Island to anyone.

Great hotel, fantastic people; the... by M Cruickshank

Great hotel, fantastic people; the staff mad waiter Vasillys and Hussein the barman were good fun and fellow guests were all very nice people.

We stayed in an apartment (not a studio), which was spacious clean and comfortable.

Cannot fault this as s/c accommodation.

Pool area good, lots of beds/loungers - and the hotel provide pool towels in rooms.

The hotel pool bar is open till 1.00am; but if there a few people around the guys will very kindly open a little later!

Was 20 mins walking into Lambi, which has a decent selection of bars and restaurants...

However, Kos Town (and its old town) is a 10 mins cab ride away, and well worth it. The old town area is great for traditional taverna eating - much better than the harbour, where they rush you in and out asap. Bar street (Kos Town) is OK for a big night out, about 10-15 bars, good fun.

One last thing - the harbour area is good for buying boat trips/trips to Turkey, which are half as cheap as the tour operator!

I rated the Pelagos 10/10 as we had a... by JD Wood

I rated the Pelagos 10/10 as we had a relaxing week in Kos.

The staff were very helpful and kind, the place was very clean and the rooms all you need apart from not having a toaster, which I did add to the comments on the questionnaire when leaving the Pelagos.

The pool is cold but this is a nice refresher when you have been in the sun all day.

Beware of the excess luggage leaving Kos as they will sting you for every last kilo!

They charge you 10 Euros for every kilo you are over the 20kg allowance.

We went to the waterpark through the rep and we had a really good day! We also went to paradise beach which I would say if you not a great lover of beaches stay clear as we found this day hard work all though the sea was clear and nice.

The apartments are around a 30 minute walk into Kos and I would recommend taking the bus into Kos town for 2 Euros and a taxi ride back which there is only one taxi rank situated at the end of the harbour and it normally around 7.50 Euros back to the Pelagos.

We were informed only to take taxi which were Mercedes as this were the real authorised taxis we did take a ride in a non Mercedes, and we did arrive back at the Pelagos but he did use excessive speed to get us back.

The one thing we liked about the Pelagos was you were always guaranteed a lounger and you could relax all day! All though this might get busier different times in the year. I would recommend the sports cafe in Kos town as the food was really nice and cheap.

Overall we really enjoyed our holiday and would recommend it but we did get stung for the excess luggage and this bought our holiday to a sad end.

First off, don’t take any alcohol!... by W Wallace

First off, don’t take any alcohol! It was far cheaper to buy the booze at any supermarket in Kos - the bars in the Pelagos however were very pricey. A shot of Jack Daniels and Coke cost me 7 euros (£5) but you could buy a 1/2 bottle in the little shop next door for 9...

The Hotel itself was very well maintained and cleaned from top to bottom every morning. The pool was cold but not so cold you didn't want to get in - when we went, there wasn't that many people around the pool and you got the sun most of the day. The beach is literally just across the road from the hotel and is sandy and not too cold either. We went snorkelling a couple of times along the reef which runs parallel to the shore and you get to see plenty of fish.

Whatever you do, you must hire a mountain bike for a while, as the roads are fairly flat and it's easy to get around. We paid 30 Euros for 2 bikes for a week - the second week we hired an 80cc scooter for 55 euros, so with my girlfriend on the back, we travelled the length and breadth of the island and had a great time. It takes only 45 minutes to go from one end of the island to the other on a scooter and we were so glad we hired one. Be warned though that even though when you hire a vehicle it says it comes with insurance, if you read the details it actually states that you are only covered if something hits you!!

Don't bother booking any trips with the holiday reps from the hotel because if you walk or bike to town you can get the exact same trips for about 40% less - for instance, you pay 18-20 euros each from the harbour where each boat is, for a days boat trip out to a couple of the islands etc, or over 30 euros from the hotel.

There was something to do in the evenings at the hotel most days, a quiz or 'Greek Night' etc but we always eat out first in Kos town itself at the 'Agora Grill House' about 100 yards or so from the harbour boats, on a square with several other restaurants. They had really good food and you get mountains of it - we paid about 8 euros each (£5.50p) for a huge meal and a pint of the local lager - we always got a free shot of the local tipple too, such as Ouzo or Mastika etc.

We highly recommend the Pelagos hotel and indeed Kos itself, as it was the most relaxing holiday we've ever had - you don't get hassled by the shop keepers, so shopping is a wonderful experience, unlike Tunisia where we were constantly hassled wherever you went, dawn till dusk! Another bonus is that you can walk around both day or night and never feel threatened or unsafe, which I know can be a problem in other countries.

Have fun and trust me, you should have a great holiday.

Be aware that during busy times you... by H Cross

Be aware that during busy times you may not get the size of room you booked and paid for. As we were a family of 4 adults we made sure we booked a one bedroom apartment i.e. the bedroom was separate and the apartment is bigger than a studio which is only suitable for a family of 3 or with 2 small children.

We were given a studio which was not at all suitable, the so called bedroom was only partitioned off with a mainly glass partition with no privacy either visual or sound.

We brought this to the attention of reception who immediately admitted that we didn't have the accommodation we had booked but they were not able to move us to a one bedroom apartment as they were full.

We eventually moved into a "proper" apartment 9 days after we arrived. We also found that they were a number of similar problems with other families at the hotel.

At the end of the stay the management made a derisory offer of compensation which we refused and instead settled with Thompson’s who were extremely helpful.

It was a shame as the hotel otherwise was good, spotlessly clean, pleasant staff (don't know about Management as they didn't deem to talk to us to explain...), good facilities etc.

Overbooking problems by hc3

Be aware that during busy times you may not get the size of room you booked and paid for. As we were a family of 4 adults we made sure we booked a one bedroom apartment ie the bedroom was separate and the apartment is bigger than a studio which is only suitable for a family of 3 or with 2 small children.

At the end of the stay the management made a derisiory offer of compensation which we refused and instead settled with Thompsons who were extremely helpful.

1 2 3 »

Stayed at Pelagos Suites Hotel? Share your insight.

Pelagos Suites Hotel also called

• Pelagos Apartments
  • pelagos hotel kos town
  • Pelagos Studios & Apartments