Villamarina Club

Carre Ciutat De Reus, 42, Salou 43840, Spain
3.5 star

Stayed at Villamarina Club?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Food: 7/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Villamarina Club

« 14 5 6 718 »
after returning from the villa marina...

"after returning from the villa marina sept 16th 2008 i can honestly give this hotel the full marks, food was terrific staff fantastic and the hotel was spotless. i would highly recommend, as for the entertainment you need never leave your hotel its all there for you. well done to the staff xx"

by  S Nimbley

My husband and I have just returned...

"My husband and I have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel and after reading some of the reviews were a bit apprehensive on arrival.

However, my honest opinion.

Great hotel for family groups with children. Plenty of family entertainment during the day and evenings with Tiny and his team making sure everyone was included (if they wanted to be) and hotel staff were friendly.

3 star hotel, rooms were adequate, but balcony, if you could call it that was very small with room only for 1 chair and possibly two persons standing but I personally didn't find this a problem

People with children all appear to love this hotel and quite rightly so, as it is geared for families, but for us it was to much like Butlins with constant loud music and childish pranks. We also found it to be to far away from Salou centre and the Beach.

The courtesy bus only has eight seats, usually there were lots of people waiting for it, which meant you could be waiting for sometime whilst it travelled back and forth.

There is no other means of transport, you either walk it (I got blisters), take your chances with the courtesy bus (a free for all when it stopped) or hire a taxi which is 7 Euros each way.

There is a bus stop across from the hotel with a very occasional bus passing by.

We waited for this bus, and even though I put out my arm, it didn't stop and pick-up.

The food however was great, the restaurant would have been even better if they got rid of the flies that were everywhere.

Would have been a great holiday for us if there had been an adult only bar (just to get away from all the bustle) and a larger courtesy bus possibly on the hour during the day.

I also found the pool area very dirty, the sunloungers were not stacked at night which meant the pool areas were never swept properly or hosed down. There was a build-up of dirt on the paving, when you walked on it, your bare feet were black which was then transferred onto the sunloungers, which were never hosed down etc.

Very easy to resolve and pointed out to management but for some reason this issue has still not been dealt with.

Would have also been nice to have seen the Hotel Manager walk about the hotel and pool area to get guests opinion at the time rather than add the odd comment to this website.

by  O Will

Me my partner and eight year old son...

" Me my partner and eight year old son have Just returned from a week at the Villamarina .All i can say is great holiday,great hotel,food fantastic and loads of it.Entertainment great something for everyone entertainment staff brilliant tiny and team work mega hard from morning till night without complaint even when they get thrown in the pool 4-5 times a day.rooms kept very clean with daily towel changes.The bar staff are friendly and are constantly going around clearing tables and cleaning aswell as serving.Don't take no notice of any negative reviews just go and you'll have a great holiday."

by M Streener

Just back from the Villa Marina 2...

"Just back from the Villa Marina 2 days ago, and I can honestly say that I would recommend it to most people.

to start with

Transfers- 15 min along the motorway from airport to hotel door, I used http://www.touchdowntours.co.uk/ for my transfers, I dealt with Rob (who is English) by e-mail before I went and he answered all my queries quickly and politely. I was charged 72 euros return (paid for in Spain) for 2 adults and a 2 year old kid, the transfer coach worked out a LITTLE cheaper but there is no messing around with touchdown, Driver is standing with a card with your name and helps with luggage and then straight to the hotel to start your holiday.

Check in- processed with the minimum of fuss, band put on arm and room key given.

Room- I thought it was fine, but the missus thought it could have been bigger (don’t they always?), we had 3 beds in the room but it was clean, tidy and bug free. There was not a lot of wardrobe room, and as always we used the coat hangers we took with us as there is never enough.

Bathroom- was ok in size, the bath itself is small, but I think that is to encourage you to use less hot water or shower, again clean enough though.

Room cleaned and towels changed daily, bed sheets every 4 days (who changes them everyday at home?)

There are bigger family apartments which seemed to be good, with washing machines ect, look into that if you are going for 2 weeks with a grown family)

Entertainment- The team with Tiny, Tash, and Cheryl ect were really hard working and cheery all the time,

During the day-As I had my 2 year old kid on her first foreign holiday , I didn’t get involved in the water polo, rifle shooting ect as I have previously enjoyed on other holidays, but there is constantly things on the go, but the staff never seem to try to force you into it.

There is a kiddie club, but I thought mine was a little to small for that.

At night, my 2 year old (and her mum) loved all the kiddie disco stuff and High School Musical, Parrot, circus shows with them, after that at 10 o’clock there is an outdoor cinema showing Shrek, Transformers ect for the kids.

The family/adult entertainment comprised a good 2 piece band “kings of mischief” I believe, a Brazilian dance troop, Elvis and the Four tops 2 name just a few. All good quality family entertainment.

Food/drink- The all inclusive package was the best I have ever been on, The lager was Estelle Dam, the same stuff you will get in the Spanish pubs, there is a daily cocktail special to help yourself to, and also a cocktail list, Black Russian ect. All free, you could upgrade your drinks to premium for a couple of euros or get big Magners ciders for 3 euros (5 euros in Spanish pubs)

Soft drinks include Cola/Orange/Lemonade/ apple and pineapple juice.Ice cream is also free for the kids.

Bar staff mostly friendly, especially if you leave a small tip now and again.

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner- Quite simply the best standard of food I have ever had in a 3 star hotel,

Breakfast- good quality English fry up, boiled/scrambled egg , toast , cereal, fruit, cold meat and cheese (something for everyone.

Lunch/dinner - Salad bar, Carvery every night, chicken, casseroles, chow mein, lasagne, meatballs, pork chops, pizza, nuggets, chips, mash ect - The food is dedicated to the Brits unlike some hotels which have to cater for Germans ect.

As I like a wee curry, I managed to have a Chicken curry, Beef madras, Pork Vindaloo, chow mein, and a spicy Thai curry in the space of a week. But I have to recommend the home made style apple pie and ice cream for dessert on certain nights.

Sometimes on these types of holidays you can get embarrassed at you fellow Britons behaviour but the people who were there last week were all really friendly and out for a laugh with no hassle.

We will definitely be going back next year some time.

If you are looking for 5 star luxury- this is not the hotel for you, but otherwise I really do find it hard to complain about anything without sounding petty.

by G Scott

well , i was a little bit worried...

"well , i was a little bit worried about going to stay in the villa marina after all of the bad reviews , but I LOVED IT! BEST HOLIDAY I HAVE EVER BEEN ON ! BELIVE ME DONT YOU DARE LISTEN TO THEM HORRID REVIEWS COZ BEST HOLIDAY U WILL EVER GO ON! 2 amazing pools, brill entertainers , tiny natsha dan liz and cheryl and tom luved it. Beach is awsome and fodd at the hotel , pizza best ever varitety for everyone , rooms quite modern and stuff goin on in he hotel all the time , rifel shootin , water polo! you will luv it!"

by Gor Riboens

We spent 2 great weeks at this hotel...

"We spent 2 great weeks at this hotel the food was excellant accomodation was good and all the entertainment was a good laugh The only thing that was a bit wrong was the bar staff all seemed miserable. I have never done all inclusive before but I really did enjoy this hotel so much that I am hoping to book to go back in the near future well done all"

by B Barton

I went on this holiday with my mum...

"I went on this holiday with my mum dad and 2 brothers, when i got there i thought oh noo look at this place, but when i got there the food was nice it was clean, the only thing is they got are rooms mixed up but that was sorted straight away, i meet loads of friends and the staff where really friendly they told us how to get to different destinations and the theme park portaventura is not that far away, it was that good my mummy booked it as soon as we got back this time for 2 weeks"

by L Bothwell

had requested a balcony but when...

"had requested a balcony but when arrived no balcony complained told to come back in morning.when returned in morming told to come back later decided to keep room as air conditioner was good and room near reception ect.food was good ,entertainment good not too far from beach and you get the shops on the way there.really enjoyed our two weeks even though hotel got flooded and had a power cut this added a bit more excitement to holiday.and it was dealt with fast we liked it that much we are booked to go back on the 14th october for a week this year.kids love it my 9 year old had a ball and didnt want to go home was really excited knowing he was going back.rooms are on the smallish side but you dont go on holiday to sit in a room we only slept and got changed in it"

by  P Beattie

could not fault this hotel ,food was...

"could not fault this hotel ,food was excellent, staff more than helpful will be going back again next year. took my son who has a learning disabilty and he loved it, the hotel has a mimi bus that took us to the beach which was always on time for the pick up and returns. we were in the appts plenty of space for the 3 of us the rest of our party had an appt as well, and loved this hotel also said they would go back again next year. thanks to all the hard working staff"

by  C Fowler

Just came back from the villamarina...

" Just came back from the villamarina club hotel. Got a cheap deal and must say it was great. The staff were all very friendly, couldn't find fault with anything. The food was good loads of choice. Entertainment was very varied , couple of games of bingo, quiz every night and some good groups. Plenty for the kids aswell entertainment team were first class. Liz, Tiny, Cheryl and Dan all made our stay there really welcoming. Met some lovely people there, no trouble or idiots about.The other good thing is everything stops at 12 oclock, so your guarenteed a good nights sleep. Booked Portaventura with the hotel that was a fantastic day out. Also Barcelona, picked up outside the hotel this was a good deal for 45eur, well worth it, the tour was brill and the guide Isabel was lovely. All in all we got exactly what we paid for plus a bit more."

by  P Watkinson

I travelled with my husband and 2...

"I travelled with my husband and 2 children (11 & 15) to family Belvedre and had a very relaxing holiday for a week. The rooms are clean, but could do with a spruce up as shower and curtain slightly mouldy. All staff friendly (family run), all speak English and very pleasant. There is no entertainment programme and there is no other bars, restaurants with walking distance, therefore you need to get a taxi as the free shuttle bus to town only goes till until 6pm.

Very few British tourist (maybe a good thing), mostly east European and French.

Food is well cooked but there is little choice, especially if you have children (mine lived on rice and chips for a week), however, dont be put off there is a lot of fresh fruit and fresh soup and rolls which are nice.

I would go back to family Belvedre, as it is set betwenn two beautiful harbours set high on the top of a very steep hill, but i would not go back with children, as there were completely bored.

by  G Buckley

i was at the villa marina hotel for...

"i was at the villa marina hotel for one week in may and it was brillant the staff were always friendly the food was basic but good i think there was something for everyone the rooms were small but clean and the maides came everyday i am going back next year the kids loved it and the pools were clean some people must just be fussy for a good holiday go here"

by C Brown

« 14 5 6 718 »

Map for Villamarina Club Closest airport: Reus Salou (REU) 4.9 miles
Villamarina Club photos (9 traveller photos)