Elenitsa Studios

Corfu, Greece
hotel photo

Stayed at Elenitsa Studios?

Share your opinion.

Good

Service: 5.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 5.5/10

« 1 2
I don’t know where to start. THE...

"I don’t know where to start. THE HOLIDAY FROM HELL!!!!!! The so called balcony overlooked waste ground full of weeds the room was dark and dingy smelt of damp and needed a complete renovation, windows didnt shut properly and the electricity left a lot to be desired. Don’t know where they would start with the renovation perhaps if they pulled it down and started a fresh. The only thing about the hotel was the clean sheets and they were only slept on once as I had to pay extra and rent a room elsewhere. I was informed that this was a budget holiday and I didn’t pay a budget price. The rep didn’t want to know about it and was very un-cooperative."

by M Lamb

This is the second time that i have...

"This is the second time that i have used these apartments and yet again my stay was brilliant. This year my dad came with me and even he was impressed on how clean our room was the only drawback was with the beds a bit hard this time. Being self catering we were able to eat out a lot and i must say that i was eating at maggies (just down the road from the rooms) and i must say that the food there was exceptonaly brilliant maggie and her staff made me fill welcome also steve and lisa at casanovas and ian and Ange at the Bulldog also made me welcome as they always do. I will be defanatly be coming back next year and will stay at the elenitsa again, also the claeners were very polite and came back later if you were still in bed."

by D Gore

I have been going to roda for a few...

"I have been going to roda for a few years now and this by far was the best accomodation i have been in the room was clean and the general cleanliness of the apts was excellent. i have rebooked at the elenitsa again for july2008 and hope the standards havent dropped. I have no reason why i shouldnt recommend to anyone. what makes these apts more desirable that they are close to the restaurants, bars and the beech which make this very central location to be able to explore roda and the surrounding areas."

by D Gore

My family and I (3 of us) stayed here...

"My family and I (3 of us) stayed here for the first week of the season. Although I'd read very mixed reviews I have to say we were extremely happy with our accommodation. However this might be because we have been travelling to Greece for over 15 years and know that the accommodation is usually basic.

The two bedroomed apartment we stayed in was on the first floor and upstairs in the furthest away block on the brochure pic. You can just see the sea ! Bins/emptied twice a week but I always find the external bin (outside under the stairs) and empty ours daily - this way ants and unpleasant smells are avoided especially as it gets warmer. Our accom was very clean, we had a separate kitchen with a kettle (Whay Hey!!) and what looked like a new fridge. We also (gasp) had a shower curtain which is unusual for Greece.

Roda itself is reasonably pleasant - (but a bit 'Watneys') unfortunately the food in a lot of English bars is sanitised to suit some English tastes and I don't go abroad to get Sunday Roasts or English Breakfasts but for those who like this then they will be very happy. The only really authentic place to eat was the old building on the seafront (forgotten its name) and this was a tiny bit posy. Roda Park had really good starters but the main courses we had were tasteless (the 3 we had were anyway) although they are supposed to have won prizes. All I can say is that the guy who won the prizes wasn't cooking the night when we went. I would go to Roda again however and use it as a touring base because Corfu is a beautiful island.

Two cashline machines very close by and a pharmacy up at the Crossroads which is about 6 mins from Elenitsa. Elenitsa is very central and literally 15 seconds from a supermarket which is on the end of the lane. Less than 2 mins takes you to the beach. I'd stay in this accom again.

by JENNY PRENDERGAST

yes the elenitsa is basic it is also...

"yes the elenitsa is basic it is also greek,and has a lot of different people staying there.the apartmments are basic but adequate for a holiday.people who use weather and climate conditions as a reason for the down fall of the accomodation obviously have not travelled much or are not willing to appreciate the fact they are no longer in the uk.standards differ from country to country.we have stayed here on numerous occasions and also other apartments within the resort.and if you are looking for a cheap holiday,with all the basic requirements for a good greek holiday then. these apts won,t let you down.if however you are looking for a guaranteed tan and and marble floors then i would book the hilton as they have sun beds and deluxe accomodation.but the staff,s personality just isn,t the same!!"

by E Mcdonald

Well, where do I start? Our...

"Well, where do I start? Our apartments had damp in them, we had no hot water for four days, rock solid beds, balcony was not safe for my sisters kids aged 9 and 4.

We had thunder storms during the day and night which made it hard for us to go out eating and enjoying our holiday, not much entertainment of the evening. We found a few good restaurants and we would highly recommend The Roda Tavern where there is an amazing singer in there called Leah and in Nikos's restaurant.

We highly recommend The Pirates Bar and The Drunken Sailor because the staff are so wonderful and helpful. Its just a shame all the others bars are not like theirs because they are the two most quality places to go in Roda and just be careful about the traffic because they drive on the wrong side of the road to us and alot of people drive alot of motor vehicles.

Overall it was not such a bad holiday, the food is lovely and the prices are cheap but we just wanted more things to do.

by C M Wright

I went on my own with my 2 children...

"I went on my own with my 2 children aged 8 and 3 to Roda this year for 2 weeks and stayed at the Elenitsa Apartments.

We had the most fantastic holiday. The apartments were great and kept very clean and tidy, the ladies who do the cleaning were really sweet and although they didn't speak a word of English they really tried there best to help with anything we needed.

The apartments are basic but clean and the location is absolutely perfect only 5 minutes walk to the beach and all the tavernas and shops, there is a supermarket literally 2 minutes away that has everything that you could need, although it is just as cheap to eat out in one of the great tavernas. (A great meal for myself the kids including drinks and pudding was around 18 euros)

Everyone is Roda is so friendly and I felt completely safe at all times with the kids. We made great friends there and it really was like a little community by the end of the 2 weeks. The kids had the best time and made so many friends. The beach is safe and the water is so shallow and flat there are no worries with the kids playing there.

It is very family orientated or for couples who are just looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday.

If you go make sure you check out the Roda Park Tavern, especially the Greek Night!! Smileys bar on the seafront is great Fotis is a real character and also Pirates Bar just along the road. Bernie’s is great and Steve the barman is fab entertainment.

All in all a wonderful time, have booked up again for next year.... see ya there!!!

by M Maclean

I've only ever come across bad...

"I've only ever come across bad reviews for the Elenitsa Studios, so thought it was time to add my comments of a good experience.

I went with my partner two years ago and we were allocated a first floor room with a private balcony which even had (just about!) a sea view. There was a separate kitchen with a dining table and the bedroom area was large with ample storage. We didn't have any problems with cleanliness or broken/missing items and overall found the Elenitsa to be one of the best places we have stayed during our holidays in Greece.

We noticed very few people seemed to be staying at the Elenitsa and many rooms were empty, but this was actually an advantage as it meant it was nice and quiet! The location of the studios is excellent, being only five minutes (at most) from the tavernas and beach with a supermarket just round the corner.

Roda itself was a bit of a disappointment, but there you are - we made the most of it. If I could move the Elenitsa to Skala in Kefalonia, that would be a perfect holiday!

by J Evans

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the...

"My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Elenitsa Studios in room 4B (ground floor) from 26th Sept - 3rd Oct 2005. We were dropped off on one of the main roads in Roda, and had to drag our cases a good few hundred metres to the apartment. We’d been in there about a minute before the maid was knocking on the door and getting food out of the fridge, what we presume was everyone’s leftovers she’d collected up to take home.

The bathroom was ok, a bit dark and the shower curtain covered the toilet which was next to the shower, rather than separating the two. So the toilet and half the bathroom got soaked when we had a shower. The toilet seat was broken but not unbearable. Also the water was hardly ever above a lukewarm temperature. We found out on the day before we went home that the owners had turned the thermostat down.

The kitchen was basic and dark, 4 ring electric cooker, we only used it once to make toast as we were out every day sampling the local cuisine.

The bedroom was clean, 2 single beds which we pushed together, but as they were pine beds there was a half a foot gap between them. Other than that they were fine. We had a balcony which was in the shade all the time but nice all the same. Be warned, the studio next to ours didn’t have a balcony, they had their table and chairs outside which half the building used as a thoroughfare.

The Maid came in twice when we were out, we made sure she couldn’t just walk in when we were there by leaving the key in the locked door. She made the beds, emptied the bins and cleaned the bathroom but the sheets or towels weren’t changed all week.

There is a shop almost right next to the apartment block which has all your basic needs catered for. I recommend the bakery too which has lovely bread, pasties, pies, cakes and traditional Greek sweets like Baklava.

We used a safe deposit box for free at H & N Travel, you just choose a box and keep the key. H & N Travel do some good excursions and at this time of year the prices had come down considerably, some of them half the price compared to the official Olympic excursions. We went on the West Coast BBQ cruise which was in a nice place called Paleokastritsa. It was about 2 hours on the coach and then an hour or so on the glass bottomed boat to a deserted shingle beach where a delicious chicken barbeque lunch awaited us. There was enough time to have a swim in the sea and dry off before the boat picked us up again and took us back. This cost us 18 euros each and included the food and unlimited Greek wine and Ouzo.

We also went to Corfu town by boat (14 euros each)which would have been nice but it poured with torrential rain the whole time we were there so things were a bit bleak by the time we got back on the boat. I'm sure it's very nice in the sunshine!

Roda itself is a very friendly place, all the locals in the tavernas are lovely. We tried out most of the Greek places, Roda Park, Nikos, Oddyseus, the one with the picture of the goat drinking ouzo also was good and we ate there twice.

We were told not to under any circumstances hire out Mopeds or Quad bikes as they were dangerous and unbalanced.

The main beach in Roda was a bit scrubby but if you walk down to it and go left until you are over a bridge and next to a pony trekking field, walk straight through the field bear left and follow the path you come to a nicer beach with a taverna that hires out 2 sunbeds and umbrella for 5 euros, or 3 Euros for one bed and umbrella. I was glad of the umbrella as it got quite hot. The sea is also very shallow and you can go out a long way before getting up to your neck in water!

On our departure date we had to vacate the room by 12 midday. Not so bad seeing as we had a 5.30pm flight. The coach picked us up from Fiona Theodora’s apartments which is a long walk when you are dragging your heavy suitcase. I'd be tempted to get a taxi, if you aren't feeling strong.

All in all a nice relaxing holiday but I don't recommend these particular apartments.

by C Rawlings

« 1 2
Read 17 additional reviews of Elenitsa Studios

Map for Elenitsa Studios Closest airport: Ioannis Kapodistrias (CFU) 14.4 miles
Elenitsa Studios photos (2 traveller photos)