Hotel Prima Rehana

Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

Stayed at Hotel Prima Rehana?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Value: 6.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Prima Rehana

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 »
My boyfriend and I stayed here in... by C Carr

My boyfriend and I stayed here in October it was for his 40th birthday. What an amazing time we had. We couldn’t fault the hotel or the staff. The room was huge - it was cleaned daily, with clean bedding and towels each day,

We went to Nama bay shopping and haggled for fun, even the shop keepers were a great laugh. We got loads of bargains and I’m itching to get back there.

I’d say we are both fussy eaters but there was something for everyone all of the time. The staff were so accommodating they could teach hoteliers in other countries a thing or two. Well done Prima Rehana, keep up the good work xx

What a magnificent holiday. The best... by A Pandor

What a magnificent holiday.

The best holiday we have ever had. The hotel staff will do everything to make your holiday. They made you feel at home. Food is great try the mongolian. The evening entertainment is also very good.

If you plan to go to Cairo go in the early part of your holiday. Always haggle with the shopkeepers. If you don’t fancy diving, book yourself onto the seacope submarine, what an experience.

Will definitely be going back.

Great Hotel Friendly informative excellent!! by Montbowski

Hello all,

This is a four star hotel regardless what others say. My girlfriend and I booked via teletext late deals, having read the reviews on trip advisor was fearful to say the least!!

Having arrived in and not having booked transfers we had to get a taxi!!! plenty available & helpful we were unsure the how far hotel was from the airport so we got in in good faith!! it was a ten min journey and was charged £20 english the hotel porter came out and asked how much, he couldnt believe we paid the dishonest driver that ammount and therefore got on the phone. i said dont worry its ok jet lagged etc, five mins later the taxi driver pulls up and gives us £15 back!! result!!

the rooms are clean spacious and comfortable, the pools are gorgeous although wanting your space you gotta be prepared to get up early as there are a few eastern europeans! food we found basic although you are allowed to boook the italian and mongolian bbq for two nights a week not many did this very nice, and low and behold your end up gettin ill, i was severly ill with dehydration too my own fault.

Theres a parasite within egypt that egyptians come immune too, foreignors arent therefore suffer so be prepared to visit the on site doc! NO IMMODIUM WONT WORK JUST MAKE IT ANGRY LOL.

the resort itself is new, though entertainment is scarce, youhave to visit sharm for that taxi ride away. Overall we had a great time and the pyramids by air trip is defo worth it! also the bedouin village trip is great under the stars very romantic.

id say this is a great resort for kids n families and couples!!

we loved our rehana experience..

Hotel ok - Food awful by JoyceWGlasgow

The hotel was lovely but unless you are Russian in the winter or Italian in the summer avoid the food - it was terrible. Not one sample of Egyptian food to be seen.

We had a very joyful short holiday at... by P George

We had a very joyful short holiday at Prima Life Rehana at the last week of Feb. 2007.

We have been there 18 persons together - 8 from them were children between 5 - 10 years old.

We really enjoyed the trip, the rooms were always clean, and one of the pools was always heated!

The staff at the resort was really great. Everybody was kind; we were surrounded always with thousands of smiles.

The children loved the animation team leaded by Rico, and we will remember one of the kindest front-desk managers - Ibrahem.

The meals were good, everybody could find something always.

We can suggest the resort to anybody, especially for families with children.

This was our first holiday in Egypt... by B Gande

This was our first holiday in Egypt and also the first time on an all inclusive board basis.

I cannot speak more highly of the wonderful, hard working, relaxed and smiling faces of the staff at this hotel. They could not do enough for you.

The hotel is (thankfully) not full of British tourists but attracts a wide range of different nationalities.

This did not stop us from integrating and meeting some new friends from Poland, Holland, Russia and the Czech Republic. Everyone just joined together in true international holiday spirit.

Everyone communicates in English and the waiters and hotel staff are multi-lingual.

The rooms were kept spotless and the pools were clean.

There is one pool which is heated but the others were a little cold for prolonged swimming at this time of year.

There is a superb, friendly, professional and extremely SAFE diving company based on the hotel site. I have been diving for many years but my 10 year old son and my husband had 3 introductory dives and were totally safe. Now they are hooked too!

The dive staff were some of the most professional and safety conscious I have dived with.

If you prefer to snorkel, you can go with them to some of the best sites by boat (at extra cost) or you can wander to the beach and climb out onto the jetty and snorkel along the 'drop off'.

There are so many fish here- definitely worth a visit. Some people wear wet shoes and walk out but this damages the coral and really should be avoided.

The beach is sandy but the coral stretches right up to the waters edge. Sharks Bay is better for swimming.

The Egyptian Men (the women / families do not live in Sharm but in the big cities) are keen to practise their language skills and love the English. They will enjoy just talking and love to interact with children- this can take a little getting used to if the child is shy.

All in all- a fantastic holiday and we intend to return again as soon as we can.

Absolutely amazing best holiday ever.... by J Cooper

Absolutely amazing best holiday ever. Fun for all ages always something to do.

Staff are extremely nice very nice people. Also the animation team are very funny and always have something lined up for you to do.

Restaurant food is really good as you can always find something you like.

Bars there are very well kept and a have a variety of drinks. It was that good I cried on the way home.

We went there for 2 weeks and I still wish we had more time. I will defo be going again shortly as I can’t stop thinking about the place!

Accommodation is really nice and the rooms are always clean, as there is house keeping everyday, the staff are always there to help and will do anything for you!

A breath taking place any one would enjoy.

I have just returned from this hotel... by L Lucas

I have just returned from this hotel had a great time. Lots to do when there but if you just want to chill, no probs.

Only problem, not a great choice at meal times, can be a bit repetitive. But Naama bay is only £5 in a taxi plenty of western style restaurants.

We stayed at the Prima Rehana over... by T Connor

We stayed at the Prima Rehana over both Christmas and New Year.

I checked the Holidaywatchdog site on numerous occasions for updated reviews.

This was one of the best holidays I have been on; this was my 2nd time in Egypt in 2007.

The Prima Rehana staff where really friendly and could not do enough for you. The food was varied each evening from Italian to Russian to European and that also included the music in the restaurant.

The only downfall was the night club. We went to this once, it was fab and the entertainment was also varied each evening. Our apartment was right next to the club so at the beginning of the holiday the boom boom boom was a bit much.

We didn’t have any kids to get disturbed so we got used to it after a couple of days.

The staff from what we could see where excellent with the children especially the little red headed kids, they where amazed.

The hotel room was spotless, clean towels every day also the pool was thoroughly cleaned about twice a day. I couldn't even begin to count the number of staff they had in the premises.

The beach was a bit small but done the job and the sea was just amazing. Milo in the dive centre was great and very helpful as my boyfriend was completing his PADI and I was just going along for the ride.

Being scared of fish didn't stop me getting of the boat to try the snorkelling with his reassuring watch over me. It was amazing the most beautiful experience ever. Milo does the try dive in the pool for the snorkelling - go for it!

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel, unless the noise of a couple of low flying planes annoys you but that just added to my boyfriend’s fun as he loves planes.

If you venture to this hotel you will have a fab time unless you just like looking for problems, make the most of Egypt.

If venturing between November - February be warned take warm clothes for evening as it is close to frozen, but scorching all day. Have a fun holiday.

I have just returned from a two week... by N J Reed

I have just returned from a two week stay at the Prima Rehana with my girlfriend, reading some of the posts on this website I was a bit wary but I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel.

Granted there are some minor areas, but this hotel is very pleasant to stay in.

The location of the hotel is around 5 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes to Naama bay. The hotel itself is very spacious and clean. The staff are all very friendly and will do everything they can to help.

In relations to the room they are very good again, spacious with excellent facilities (walk in shower, etc) the cleaners also make you animals out of the towels which my girlfriend loved and found amazing!

The pools are very good - there is a small pool near the restaurant which was packed for both the two weeks, but the larger pool which is the better of the two has loads of space for relaxing - a special mention to Sara in the animation team that kept us entertained!

Another minor on the location is that you will see the odd plane going over the hotel and the odd very low old Russian plane but it last for 5 seconds but can be quite loud, this was only in the day time mind you. In relation to the guests the majority are Russian and Dutch.

The food is a bit poor especially if like us you were staying for two weeks. After the first week it became repetitive so we ended up eating out in Naama Bay. The hotel taxi service is £5 a single way so a round trip will be £10 (you need to haggle) saying this, the Mongolian and Italian restaurant are very good especially the Italian - you can get a pizza for around £2.

Our rep was OK when she was there, she did go off on holiday with out notification but the stand in was very good - the trips are a must.

We went to Cairo and it was probably one of the best things I have done. We flew instead of going by coach and it’s definitely worth the extra money!

Other than that, Naama bay is a good place to go out especially Hard Rock Cafe which is an experience in itself. Lots of shops bars and pacha night club, so plenty to eat and do.

Would I recommend the hotel, probably yes, the facilities are good, weather is good and you can go on a number of trips if you are easily board. Private beach is not to far from the hotel, but does lack size and space.

Would I go back soon - probably not for a while as off to see the world - next stop Cuba.

I would only rate this as a 3* hotel... by  J Badger

I would only rate this as a 3* hotel compared to others I have stopped in previous years.

Like all hotels in Egypt the Rehana has a lovely pool area and gardens, but some of the hotel rooms look shabby and need renovating. The towels and bed sheets although very clean are a little tatty and grey looking.

The food in the hotel dining room was not very good and by our 2nd week we were eating out on a regular basis. The Mongolian restaurant is the best option if you like stir-fry food. Wasn’t impressed with the Italian. As there is little else near to the hotel and therefore nowhere else to eat, this can get tedious after 2weeks, unless you travel into Naama Bay.

The hotel itself is a 20min drive from Naama bay, so don’t stay here if you wanted to go there on a regular basis. The hotel charges 3 euro each way on the hotel bus and the local taxis will charge £6 to £8 one way.

The hotel beach was disappointing - down a steep slope, with steps and it’s only a very narrow area which is shared with another hotel. It is also next to an area which looks like a building site. The sea in this area was very choppy whilst we were there and there is a strong current - so beware!

If you are travelling to Sharm for the snorkelling experience I would not recommend stopping here, there are other hotels in much better areas with nicer beaches and stunning coral reefs.

Absolutely stunning, only let down by... by J  Fraser

Absolutely stunning, only let down by overcast weather.

Friendly staff, gorgeous food and surroundings. An escape to paradise.

The rooms are well set out and the linen and towel fresh and cleaned daily.

I have no quarms whatsoever I will definitely be going back very very soon.

Please, you have to try this place, I will not consider going anywhere else!

« 1 2 3 4 »
Stayed at Hotel Prima Rehana? Share your insight.

Map for Hotel Prima Rehana Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 3.7 miles