Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld

1 2 3 4 »
Great hotel close to everything you need in orlando

"Spent 2 great weeks at this hotel in the summer , it is a very friendly hotel staff will do anything for you,, also it is close to everything you need for a holiday in Orlando, we didn't have car as bus stops are right outside the hotel also the hotel does free shuttles to all the major parks, seaworld is just across the road easy walking distance. Would recommend this hotel to anybody going to Orlando, we are going back in 2014 and this is definitely the hotel that I will be booking."

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Get the free passes for seaworld , takes you right to the front off the queues for the rides, they are given to all guests at the hotel.
by David D

Best Holiday Ever!! Going to Book to go back!!

"We got there late at night we were welcomed with a warm cookie made by the Double tree. The manager upgraded us to the tower in a kigsize bed room, which was lovely. The staff were very helpfull and room service was very good and quick. We even had a problem in our room that our toilet flooded and they were really good about it and just moved us to a new room. Best holiday i have ever had and i cant wait to go back on 2011. Perfect location, best looking hotel on inertnational drive. really good clean pools all 3 of them very clean all around the hotel and very friendly staff. Defenititly recommend for young couples and familys."

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, Room Only, booked with Virgin
  • Advice: Best Hotel on International Driver
by Kayleigh

Best time ever

"This hotel was amazing the staff where so friendly and helpfull. The pools where relaxing and clean and staff constantly cleaning and putting out fresh towels and the pool bars where cheap. We stayed in the tower and the room had a great view and was cleaned top to bottom everyday the staff even arranged my friends lil boys toys in different poses on his bed everyday for him he loved it. There was nothing we could fault about this hotel reading reviews from people syaing this hotel was horrid we where a bit concerned but these people are more then likely stuc up there own a**es to appreciate a nice hotel. We are booking for 2010 and going back to this amazing hotel as it really made our holiday :)"

• Holiday details: Sep 2008, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Stay here for an amazing time
  • Activities: Ponderosa, hooters, ripplys and wonderworks. Tbh i drive is great.
by lilangel03

Best Holiday ever

"Just come back.What a brilliant holiday.The hotel was excellent.No problems at all. staff were friendly and helpful.Whatever problems the other reviewers found in the past have been sorted out.It is also used as a small conference venue,which wasn't a problem,just more people in certain areas,but not around acomodation or pools.We certainly wern't inconveinienced at all by them.

Reccommend the village inn opposite the hotel for good value food.They give a discount for hotel guests,but you have to ask for it.

I-trolley stops right outside hotel & is a must for all those without a car.The rep will sell you a pass which is very good value & saves loads.Kids under 12 ride free.

We went the week before the kids broke up & the parks were empty. No queueing for any rides.(bliss).The hotel is also affiliated with universal & offers free travel there.

Kennedy space center voted best day out by my husband & son, along with Aquatica.

The weather has been perfect.Got up to 82f friday.Overall great place to stay and very well situated.Perfect for a bit of winter sun.

by janeedwards

will not go back

"Stayed at this hotel 2yrs ago for the same 2 weeks when it was the Sheraton, (it actually changed ownership while we were there), had a great time.

In 2 yrs the ambience of the hotel has been lost, there was no welcome greeting,

no bell boys and the interior was now a drab grey wood panelling. The room they offered smelt, looked really tired and was poorly decorated / furnished, we refused this chalet type accommodation and were offered another which was the same. We were told we could'nt be put into the Tower (where we stayed 2 yrs ago)as the hotel was full, we asked to speak to the manager who told us that he could offer us a Tower room ?? we accepted this but the hotel rooms look dated and tired. We did'nt see a holiday rep at all and when we checked out all the receptionist said to us was "your clear to go."

the gardens are well cared for and the pool is nice but the room cleaning staff need supervising. The car park was full of no parking bollards and the 2nd week the hotel was full of Military personnel in full khaki uniforms.

We will not be going back to this hotel

by coal

we have just returned from our...

"we have just returned from our honeymoon and stayed at the international plaza. After reading the some of the reviews i felt a bit worried about the acommidation that was awaiting us. But i can only say that we found it to be very good. The hotel was clean and the staff polite. The gardens were kept in a beautiful condtions and the pools was nice too. The only thing that we found to be a little disapointing was that the hotel was a little bit far from the attractions on the drive. With the i ride trolley finshing at 10:30 pm it made night time entertainment a bit restrictive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone."

by Lusby

I travelled with three children aged...

"I travelled with three children aged 16, 12 and 11. The reception and concierge staff were very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The hotel operated free buses to and from all the parks on the park tickets I bought online (which saved a pretty packet). The room was very comfortable and clean considering three children and all their clutter lol. Air-con in the room was fantastic - hot and cold as you want. Pools don't get too busy - though we only had one lazy day by the pool. We visited all four Disney parks, Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Blizzard beach, the two Universal parks and did a little shopping at Prime and Premier outlets on International drive - all in 14 days. Kids rated Blizzard beach better than the new Aquatica. Think that's because of the 120 ft vertical drop water slide - Summit Plummit.

Didn't go to the spa or gym at the hotel as didn't have time (though after all the trecking round my feet and legs were crying out for a massage lol).

I bought theme park tickets on the net from American Attractions after much deliberation which / where would be best value. On entering the parks I checked the park prices on the day and my tickets were definately the better value for money - will book with them again. Ponderosa's on Int drive definately worth a visit - check out their all you can eat breakfasts for $3.99. We all had a GREAT time here in Florida. Would definately stay here again and been trying to book for next year but I guess they're not taking bookings that far in advance yet - must e-mail them. My only advice is although we were glad we did all the parks it was very tiring, so if going for the first time and you wanna do all the parks, book for three weeks so you get some lazy days - you'll be glad you did!! Next time we go we won't do as many parks or i'll book for three weeks. Another word of warning for all you ladies who like to use hair straighteners, American voltage is different to here in the UK so take a voltage converter else you won't be able to use your GHD's. I didn't take one and to buy one out there was $100!! Guess who had curly hair on hol??!! ENJOY

by R Robinson

All you need to know about this hotel

"Having just returned from 10 days at the International Plaza Spa and Resort I thought I'd pass on my thoughts. There's a number of negative reviews on this website - some warrant the bad press, but on a whole, my experience was excellent.

Please note, these comments are based on a cheap room for two in September (quiet season)

Pros:

- Excellent Spa (best masseur I've ever had)

- Friendly staff

- Nice bar and good pools

- Handy shop

- Good internet access

- Guest services was excellent and as a "Universal partnered hotel" it is highly recommended

- Excellent transport to attractions

- Excellent King sized bed

-Excellent special offers including coupons and good seats at shows

- Good taxi service is really good cars

- Decor is really nice although the cocunutty smell in reception is a bit strong

Cons

- Slight smell of damp in the room. This is due to all the water around the hotel. It passed after a night there once we'd showered and made it homely

- You can only change $100 travellers cheques per room per day

- Walls are a bit thin - could hear the people upstairs showering and opening drawers.

- Towels are a bit rough

- Some touching up is required e.g. shower head was loose and rust around the toilet

- Public phone didn't work

- Internet use on their computer was pricey

- TV was old and noisy

All in all not bad for the price. They're currently revamping a lot of the hotel so could turn out really smart.

by fatboyslick

Great hotel

"I was a little concerned by some of the negative views on here about the International Plaza Resort and Spa in Orlando, FL but this place is fantastic.

It's superbly located at the bottom of International Drive at the quiet end, next to Seaworld and Aquatica (both are only a 10 minutes walk fom the hotel). The I-trolley also stops right outside at stop 29, so getting around cheaply is not a problem.

The hotel was maintained to a very high standard both inside and out. The room we had was in the tower and was excellent. We had two large double beds, large bathroom and big lcd tv and the room had air conditioning. The housekeepers cleaned the room daily, even though we stayed for two weeks, changing sheets and towels every day.

There are three pools and although only two were open (there are some refurbishments going on close to one pool and the hotel can only have been half full at best) they were large enough to swim in and a great place to relax in the sun. There were always plenty of sunbeds, all with clean towels. The gym was ideal as well with two treadmills and free weights as well as other good quality equipment and we used it everyday. The refurbishments were very discreet and you hardly even notice it.

We didn't eat at the hotel but heard lots of positive comments from people who did but we found the Max's deli very handy for snacks (they have a pizza hut concession and have other snacks and it is open until late). There is always the village Inn which is situated directly opposite the hotel which serves very cheap all day breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Bennigans diner next door seemed to have closed down however. There is also an off license, gas station, sports bar, pizza restaurant, chinese restaurant and subway right opposite the hotel.

We would highly recommend Ponderosa steak house, CiCi's Pizza, TGI's and Bahama Breeze, all of which are on the south end of International Drive. Ponderosa and CiCi's both do all you can eat buffets for next to nothing!! If you like your discount shopping malls, we recommend Altemonte Springs Mall (exit 92 on the I-4), Mall at Millenia (exit 78) and Florida Mall (east on 528).

The flexi-ticket is great value and permitts unlimited access to Universal Studios, Island of Adventures, Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet N Wild for 14 days for $250 and is available from guest services in the foyet.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

by goffy1983

Horrible housekeeping

"As a person who travels a lot for my job, I tend to read the review carefully on a hotel. I had stayed at the International when it was the Sheraton World Resort about 5 years ago for a conference.

So I called to ask about some negative reviews that I had read aboutthe hotel now that it had had an ownership change and was assured that those issues had been addressed.

I arrived and like before the grounds and the lobby were almost perfect. I have to give it to them because if your just into myspace type pictures then its the perfect place.

I friendly woman handled my check -in and off I went on the long walk to the room (just a tip, ask first if they had followed your reservation requests) which is like almost a block away.

Well when I got there, it was 2 twins and not a king as I had requested, so back I wallked. They moved someone else out of their spot and gave me a king room.

The room was fine but lacked an iron, so I called, and was told call back tomorrow. What I'm on conference I have to be out early.

The next day my room was barely cleaned: no vaccuuming, the trash was left, and the bed was half made. What's going on?

My thrid day, the room wasn't even touched period! I called when I returned at 9 pm and was assured that someone would come clean immediately! I called again after a half an hour and was told "in 15 minutes" I said i'll make my own bed and take out the trash myself.

I asked for the night manager and she offered to provide me with free services but I was leaving the next morning so what good would it do?

Upon check-out I spoke with another manager who was extremely professional. he said he'd speak to upper management about getting something done through expedia because I was pre-paid.

With all the money they are putting into remolding the resort, they still have the worst housekeeping I've ever had to deal with. I hate when staff expect to be tipped without doing something above what the job already pays them for.

Its a beautiful place, but I refused to sleep under the covers because if they failed to clean my room, what had they done before that?

We'll see if anything is done, I'm not expecting much but I'll never stay there again.

by stefchatman

Don't listen to negative reviews

"Have just returned from two weeks at this hotel and can't praise it enough. We stayed in the tower and was very pleased with our room. The maid came in every day and kept the place clean and tidy and changed towels every day. Don't know what all the negative reviews are about everywhere was clean and tidy, pool area was great with towels supplied. The staff were very friendly and I agree with the last review Danny the doorman was a great guy! I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to anyone."

by j_sssLondon

Fantastic Hotel ... please DONT fear !!

"I have to say it was with MUCH fear that when reading past reviews on this hotel that I was expecting the worst... !

Previous reviews stated that the hotel was under refurbishment and people had left VERY negative reviews ..

I would like to say ..the HOTEL was fantastic ...the rooms ( in the Tower ) were FAB ... VERY spacious ... IMMACULATELY clean ... Worth noting that the BLOCKS previously reviewed are ACTUALLY the ones which had been refurburbished ,, blocks 9 and 10 opposite the pool ...in fact the TOWER was not the REFURBISHED part ..!!! SO all those people who stated ask for the tower should note THAT was the part which hadnt yet been done and it was EXCELLENT !! .... The staff were the BEST ...couldnt do enough for us ... a personal touch and EVERYWHERE you went on the grounds the same friendly approach was to be had ! ..The cleaning team were ACE .... !! fresh towels and laundry EVERYday .... Bathroom cleaned and spotless... we handed the maid a tip at the end of our stay..so did our son and his girlfriend who were staying in the room next door... We gave 20 dollars ... AND you should have seen the reaction,,..I suspect this is like nearly a weeks wages to these people I fear...They were ALWAYS pleasant ... had a laff and a joke in passing ....

My son had a rechargabe camera and it went flat .... I suggested to ask at reception and they KINDLY put it on charge on their PCS over night...THIS was going the extra mile ...

The doormen ...were EXTRA special ...we found friends !! Danny in particular recommended places to go to eat ( yes I know they might get comission BUT HEY !!) he was kind and friendly as were THEM ALL ..

Cleanliness - there was not a spec of rubbish on the grounds ... they hooevered the patio for heavens sake !! Funny moment.... it is a mans job to clean the mirrored glass in the lift and there he stays going up and down all day !!

I HAD to write these comments because of all the previous negative reviews on this hotel ... I have come to the conclusion that people who seek to moan WILL find something to moan about ...personally ..I would stay at this hotel AGAIN and again .... Transport to and from the parks was slick .... the pool bar offered waiter service and towels were laid out on the sunbeds EVERY day .. .the pool was cleaned EVERY day .. the grounds were fantastic and the prices were excellent ... son and heir lived on pizza and steaks !!

TRUST this review please and book without hesitation,....

thank you to all staff for a FANTASTIC holiday ...

Regards

Vanessa Munro ... the Munro family and friends !

Special mention to Danny the doorman ..you made us Smile !

by ScottishEngland

1 2 3 4 »

Map for Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld Closest airport: Orlando International (MCO) 8.5 miles

Top traveller tips for Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
  • by David Dickson

" Get the free passes for seaworld , takes you right to the front off the queues for the rides, they are given to all guests at the hotel. "