Zoraida Park Hotel

Good

Service: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Zoraida Park Hotel

Not for us

"Just returned from this hotel having spent 7 days AI.

Good Points

Its location is directly on the beach front

Its got great water slides and kiddies pool area

The life guards are superb and always alert

Low points

The quailty of the AI is really poor The food/drink quality is really dire.

The cleanliness of some of public areas is foul. Used sanitary products were on the floor of most cubicles whilst people were running in and out of the loos with no shoes on directly from the pool . Not good.

Rooms not much better with lots of dust and just a quick wipe around.

This place would suit if you are sticking to a budget with a family as the kids have got bags to do with the slides/mini discos/mini club and all the ice cream and crisps they can eat.

Our room had 2 large double beds a small working fridge and a small wardrobe. It has free ac and bonus was it was not key card operated so you could leave on if you popped out to keep room cool.

There are a few souvenir shops across the road from the hotel as well as a supermaket. There are also some stalls located down a small alley at the side of the supermarket that open in the evening and sell some local crafts and bits and bobs as well as some quality silver pieces.

Entertainment I cant really comment on but we did see the flamenco show and it was ok.

Hotel was very busy and full but beach was nice and quiet as everyone stayed round pool.

We got sunbeds in front of hotel for 3 euro 50 cents a day which included a brolly. Wonderful service from the lady who looks after them.

We also ate at Chiringuito Paco ( who owns the beds) and had lovely fresh squid/tuna ice cold beer/wine and friendly service so make sure you walk along the front and go as you will have a lovely time. Make sure you try their fresh Sangria too.

There is also a little train that stops just outside that can take you on a little jaunt around Roquetas for a few euros.

Take a walk along the flat prom and stop for an ice cream and drink in one of the little cafes . Theres also the childrens play park for the little ones that for 4 euros gets them about 30 - 40 min of fun on trampolines/little train ride/bouncy castle/slides. There are a few other things for a small charge that the little ones love.

We really like the resort but we wouldnt stay at the hotel again.

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
by jemstar7

Great hotels - kids and adults loved it

"Rooms - Cleaned daily, beds made, private balcony with 2 chairs, table and consatina washing line, very modern, aid conditioning which can can be left on, ceiling fan, flat screen tv toilet and bidet, bath/shower, sink, hair drier, shower point, telephone, mini fridge - used to ask for bottles of water/juice at bar to have in the fridge for the morning, safe - 12 euros per week and 20 euros deposit, large mirror in room,.

Restraunts - 8 -11, 1 - 4, 7.30 - 11 - Huge selection for all ages. Lots of food freshly cooked infront of you.

Pools - Clean, life guards on duty from 10 - 8pm, flumes/slides for kids and adults. Guards can get a little whistle happy - wanted to have photo took at top of slides but kept getting whistled! - just ignore. Less busy between 1 - 4 when lots of people go for siesta. Sun beds free but to get a sun bed you need to be up early 7.00 to save one! Aqua aerobics at zorida gardens pool fun and lots of people join in. No inflatables others then armbands/rings inpools.

Bars - Can get any drinks - pepsi, 7 up, milkshakes, tea, coffees, kids cocktails, alcohol, nuts, crisps, olives, toasties, ice cream - scoops. Pool side bar serves hot dogs, burgers, chips and toasties.

Beach - Acess via gates - you need your room key card to regain access, cycle path, beach shingly, water gets deep quickly, sun beds and umbrellas available, bars along the sea front, main town 15 mins walk along sea front - loads of people go for walks in the evening so you feel safe. Town has small fair for kids. Plenty of seaside type shops and bars. Mini train goes on trip around town - can get on just outside hotel near shops - 5 euros adults/3 euros kids

Trips - Mini train trips - can get on just outide hotel by shops - 5 euros adults/3 euros kids. Market and harbour trip on sundays 18 euros adults - total waste of money.

Towels - can get towels - returnable deposit of 10euros can change as often as you want.

Lifts - 4 at zorida park - can get busy in the evening.

Internet access - get a code from reception for 4 hours at a time.

Games room - small, air hockey, table football, kids sit on rides, computers to access.

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Take it in turns to get up each morning to reserve sunbeds. Single parents would find this a problem as they would have to leave kids alone in room or make friends!
by Sally P

Just got back

"Hotel Zoraida Park and Gardens are set in gorgeous surroundings- palm trees, grass- actual greenery instead of concrete, concrete and more concrete. Compared to some past holidays this one hasn't been the best but by far not the worst either.

The food caters for everyone- there is a grill which does steak, chicken, pork or there's the buffet- there's a good choice.

The beach is shingles and nothing else- there is no sand for miles. It's uncomfortable to walk on and the sea itself doesn't look very inviting.

Roquetas De Mar is a beautiful place- everything is clean albeit we didn't go in the mad rush of summer where litter would be more probable. A short walk from the hotel(to the right when facing the beach) the area becomes more lively.

The hotel itself is very spanish- the staff speak minimal english but enough to understand us- and the majority of visitors are spanish. As the spanish like siestas the pools get quiet around two in the afternoon. They also eat late so eating earlier means meeting fellow english- as we seem to eat earlier. Being a teenager, I wouldn't recommend a family to go here- there is a golf course and tennis courts, but they are not enough to interest a child for a week let alone two. The majority of guests are older so it is not very family-orientated.

After spending five days there, I was bored- we went to Gran Plaza(a shopping complex) by bus(bus stop outside hotel) which cost one euro per person. It was wonderful. There were a few english shops there- Zara and H&M. Even if you don't enjoy shopping, it is a nice day out and there are many eateries to choose from if you are half-board and require lunch. I would definitely recommend this trip to those of all ages.

We decided to book ourselves on the 'Vicar Market' trip. The market was frankly rubbish- no interesting stools(they all sold the same thing) and just a waste of time. After the market, we were taken to Almerimar port which was very pleasant. This trip was not worth the thirty-something euros that they charge for it.

Luckily, there is a sweet shop just opposite the hotel. We really enjoyed treating ourselves once in a while. The choice of sweets is amazing and definitely a shop to visit.

Overall I really enjoyed this holiday but two weeks was too long- a week would have been perfect. The place is gorgeous but there's just not enough to do- maybe in a few years time it will be more lively and touristy.

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Half Board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Simply gorgeous. Beautiful setting.
  • Activities: Gran Plaza
by Roquetas

My Family and I have just returned...

"My Family and I have just returned from a fantastically relaxing holiday in Roquetas De Mar, staying at the Zoraida Park Hotel. And I felt the need to wright a review on the website.

I read some of these reviews before my holiday and thought what had our family got into. With things like 'unfriendly staff' and 'rude receptionists.' I thought this was going to be one of our worst holidays. But I can sit here and wright that the Hotel is nothing like what others have written on the website. the reseptionists, and there were many of them, were always willing to help, if you needed directions or facilities within the hotel they could help. I also read that they could not speak English, I say to you that is also false. If you try to speak Spanish to them they will try to speak English to you.

I also read that the food was horrible and always cold and un appetising, this is also not true. the food is always pleantiful and is constanly being refilled so it is alays hot. You also haver the chance to have freashly cooked food, so there are many options for you. The only thing i would say is that the food is a bit samey, lots of meats feature day after day.

The Rooms are clean and airconditioned in the evenings which is always a bonus, we had +30°C everyday. The Hotels shared facilites are good aswell, both pools are cleaned everyday, there is a Gym, Bowling Bar and games room.

What I will say is that this part of Spain is known as the undiscovered Costa, it is a popular resort with the local people, this meaning that you will predominately be surrounded by Spanish people. it also means that the entertainment in the hotal resort is mostly in Spanish. But don't be put off, the music is good to listen to and if you don't fancy that there is a fantastically situated English bar only five minuets toward the port from the hotel.

If like me you are sitting reading reviews with only a couple days to go till your holiday at Zoraida. Take my advice, your holiday is yours to enjoy and if you enjoy it as much as we did you will have a great time, and anyway it can't be that bad, our tour rep had a family stay fpr the 27th year running the week before we went. So if it is good enough for 27 consecutive years it is good enough for you.

by I Atkins

Myself my husband and our 8 year old...

"Myself my husband and our 8 year old son have visited this hotel several times over the past few years and feel the need to write nice reviews, as on our first visit we were very wary as the reviews were not so good. However we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and have continued to do so every visit.

The hotel is very clean and well presented. Rooms are cleaned regularly. Buffet is about average same as most half board hotels we have visited. Entertainment staff are lovely and speak most languages and it's worth while joining in some activities.

The hotel is situated right on beach side and a walk along the prom at night is great. It is a pebble beach but plenty of sunbeds. Pool is huge and a big favourite of ours, there are 2 other pools an indoor and a deeper pool at rear of Zoraida Park.

All in all I would advise you to go and make your own mind up.

by scottish

We had a little bad start to the...

"We had a little bad start to the holiday due to First Choice sending us everywhere at the airport and then telling us it was a mistake (which led to a 10 hour delay). When we got there finally we were shoved on a bus and had no rep to accompany us to the hotel and help us there.

But on the plus side of that the hotel was great and we loved the look and feel of it as we walked in. It's a very stylish hotel and kept very clean. The reception staff did speak some English and tried to help us as much as possible as well as every other staff member. The food wasn't too bad a little under cooked in some places and over cooked in others, but we had no issues overall.

The bedroom was kept nice and clean and the bedding was changed every other day, the only problem was the sheer number of Spanish people making a constant racket below us and they were smoking everywhere inside the building (mainly upstairs near the lift). The hotel is more suited for those that actually come from Spain or at least speak the language, but I wont put it down for this as we did go to a foreign country and shouldn't expect everyone to speak our language.

by K Watkins

The weather was fantastic for the...

"The weather was fantastic for the full week we were there. Hotel not bad but it was about 80% Spanish pensioners, who were very nice but very noisy.

The entertainment at night was rubbish all geared up for the Spanish I think.

Food not the best but no bad tummy’s so that means a lot, seemed too improved when the pensioners went home.

The flies where a real problem bothering you when sunbathing, eating etc.

Liked the situation, and the walk along the promenade into Roquetas De Mar was lovely. We got a good deal price wise so we couldn't grumble but I don't think we would return.

by  J Stewart

After having read poor reviews, I...

"After having read poor reviews, I felt I should write and let people know that we've spent our last three holidays at this hotel and have just booked to go again this June, for 2 weeks.

We have 2 boys who have thoroughly enjoyed it every time, and we have always come home very relaxed.

It has everything you need for a relaxing holiday, it's right on the beach, outside the hotel there's a few bars and shops but if you're prepared to walk about 15 mins, it brings you into the heart of Roquetas de Mar.

The foods not that bad, my children preferred it than eating out at some of the restaurants.

The rooms are always clean the bar staff are very friendly.

The reception staff I would say let it down a bit; they could be a little bit more cheerful.

Overall we've had fantastic times there, and are looking forward to going back this year.

by  D Levett

The good points of this hotel is that...

"The good points of this hotel is that it is well situated to the beach, very clean. Staff mainly were polite and helpful the reception staff were helpful and spoke English.

My party and myself were surprised that in our rooms we only had the curtain lining no actual curtains which looked shabby. The entertainment was all Spanish and the bar and entertainment area although large had plastic chairs and tables and the dining room had uncomfortable plastic chairs.

The food although plentiful was overcooked and the staff in the restaurant were sullen. Just could not wait for us to eat up and get out and were laying tables around us for lunch as tables were becoming available, which made you feel very uncomfortable. On the upside the weather was great, and as we went for a rest this we achieved. The Hotel is very seventies and could do with a little updating.

I and my party would not return to this hotel again but would opt for a four star next time. The area is flat and ideal for young families and older people.

by J Flitman

The hotel was away from the main part...

"The hotel was away from the main part of the resort which was about a 20 minute walk which was a disappointment.

It did have a beach side location. Very nice rooms but we had two real issues about this accommodation. Firstly the excessive amount of young children that were running wild with no controls made using the hotel facilities unviable. Secondly the food was rubbish. Served buffet style the quality was poor and the hot food was left to stew being kept barely warm on hot plates.

We went down with a nasty tummy disorder for 2 days which we were sure was as a result if the food. Especially as other guests were having similar problems.

by  L Martins

Sister hotel of the Zorida Gardens...

"Sister hotel of the Zorida Gardens and the better option. The rooms were very, very nice and were clean. The swimming pool area was excellent but there the positives stop. The mass produced buffet style food was dried out and tasteless unless you lived on salads.

Because of the way it was served and it was not covered bacteria was rife and we went down with a bad stomach upset for over 2 days and we were not alone in this. The staff tolerated the British but gave you the feeling you were only accepted because they wanted your money. The Zorida Park has a beachside location but is a good 20 minute walk to the hub of the resort which was not ideal.

We would not return here the prime factor being the hotel food. It did not matter whether you had the hot or cold option the number of clients being ill was an indication of the poor hygiene.

by  D Ryder