LTI Pyramisa Beach Resort

Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for LTI Pyramisa Beach Resort

Our trip to Pyramisa - Sahl Hasheesh

"Having returned yesterday from our holiday in the PBR Hurghada, I was intent on leaving my feedback and was surprised to see some of the reviews on line. I can only give clear constructive feedback on what I personally experenced. Second to none attention to detail, the most welcoming staff from the holiday rep to the room attendants - nothing was too much trouble. High standards of health and safety and grounds maintenence. Varied food - neither of us had any problems or issues with illness whilst there nor did any of our fellow guests (that we met). This may be due to the new GM and Management Team but I can say I met everyone during my visit and was treated beautifully. Well done to everyone at the Pyramisa Sahl Hasheesh - keep up the good work - we will return as will others I know."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Saga
  • Advice: Go now - do it through a tour operator/travel company for visa on entry as airport a bit chaotic
by JM2010

One of the best vacations

"We just came back from our 2 weeks vacation on the LTI Pyramisa Beach Resort in Hurghada Egypt, and we already miss that place. Even thou is the second time in 2 month to come at this hotel, we're thinking to return there ASAP.

The hotel is just 20m from the sea, and 10m from the private beach. The sea has crystal clear waters and you can see a lot of corals and fish in just 5 m from the shore.

It has one restaurant on the beach, one at the pool, 2 bars at the pool (one for each pool cos it has 2 huge ones), from where you can drink as many drinks as you like.

The food is great also, and is for every taste and the menu is changed every day.

If you go there please watch your silhouette because with all that kind of food, cookies, the best bread, drinks, it's impossible not to gain some kg in just few days. Also you can loose them at the fitness club if you are an active person, but we prefered to go and sit on the lounge chairs witch are a thick mattress and are very comfortable.

The rooms are big with safe box, air conditioning you can set yourself. Also, everyday after we came from the beach, the room was cleaned, the towels changed and there were 2 bottles of water waiting for us.

The animation team is great also. During the day we played beach volleyball, botcha, we took dance lessons, made aqua gym, and during the night they have funny shows, fakir shows, dance and traditional shows.

There is a lot of things to tell but it would take me too much time to write about everything, but in conclution, everything was perfect, and we had both in one: relaxing and a lot of fun.

by profunzime

hmmmmmmmm

"The Hotels Looks Good , You can get a good room if you tip 10 euro and tell what you want . Service is bad , is not a

5 * service , maybe 3* , drinks are very bad , no guava , no mango , nothing fresh , cold drinks are cold only if you tip , THE HOTEL IS CLEAN , THE ANIMATION DOSENT EXIST , THE BEACH IS BAD , SUND BEDS ARE TERIBLE .

by midanius

Do Not Go If You Are British

"My husband and I have just returned from spending 7 nights in this hotel. All inclusive - yet when we tried to reserve a meal in one of their in house restaurants - a la carte, there was to be a charge of £12 and yet it was a set menu?

On arrival, we checked in and were shown to our room, which although I have given a "terrible rating" the room itself and pool facilities were fine. Clean- but the sheets were not changed throughout the seven days despite requesting this! The towels for the sunbeds could be changed daily, however I was not convinced that these had been laundered and you were just receiving the someone else's towel, it had just been folded up and put into another pile!!!

The food throughout the seven days was always tepid, that is if you were not shoved out of the way by the Russians or German residents!!!!! Vegetables were always undercooked if at all! The strangest looking dishes were on offer ( I always love to experience the local dishes) the meat looked very dubious, but my husband was brave enough to attempt several dishes and despite my protests went ahead and sure enough the next day suffered! I stuck to the salads and still ended up with a sore stomach!

The number of flies did concern me and birds flying through the outside cafeterias was also a bit disconcerting.

This was my first time to Egypt and have visited Dubai, Oman, Morrocco and have enjoyed those trips. The people there went out of their way to try and assist, however I did find the Egyptians as soon as they found out we were British, not German or Russian, they were not interested. Their lack of interest or motivation to attempt to communicate was saddening!

The locals that we did meet had very, very poor English.

Alcohol - I have drunk the finest through to the cheapest in my lifetime and found the brandy in Egypt to be the most revolting and putrid liquid to have ever passed my lips. I could not drink it!

I hope that this information is taken on board by you when you read this - I am not a grumpy person by nature, and I appreciate every person has different experiences, but trust me, there are a lot more places that you can go to in the world and I could not recommend Egypt to anyone.

by yougoodcooker

Bad management, go elsewhere

"Bad, bad, bad :(

We stayed for 1 week (my husband, our 5 years old dougther and I); all inclusive.

My husband got food poisonning.

Same food all the time; eggs or eggs in the morning;

Towels were dirty even if came out of plastic bags from loundry; probably no detergent used (beach and room towels too);

No service; they could stay 10 waitters in front of you and still have to wait for 10 minutes to get a juice

The staff people talk all the time loudely between them; no hurry in serving; they obviousely preffered to serve Arabian speaking tourists (they skiped the queue)

The worst entertaiment team I saw in Egypt and Tunisia so far (and we traveled in Egypt and Tunisia in 2007); very stupid act, bad copy of the show we saw last year in a 4 star hotel in Egypt and another 5 star in Tunisia; bad such bad taste really hard to imagine; the only 2 night show was ok was on muslim weekend (Friday and Saturday); we beleve some of the owners of the hotel were there visiting these 2 days because food and show improved on these 2 occasions followed by a new low on next day (Sunday).

The maid (it was a male) stationed he's trolley in front of our room an entire day; even if asked (by PLEASE CLEAN MY ROOM sign and by words) he refused entering our room and clean it (5 stars????? what kind of stars???). Each day we should ask for toilet paper, towels (3 persons 4 towels = 3 small + 1 for shower), bottle of water; do not imagine what it would take to ask for soap, shower gel or schampoo.

One day took a cab to a shooping center; the cab (paid for in advance + 15% tip) just did not return for us, as paid for.

Very remote location;

Bank does not work (should between 9:00 and 14:00, except Friday and Saturday but it doesn't even so).

ATM does not work.

At reception no money change even if it's written "cashier".

JUST DON'T GO THERE IS AWFULL!

We were happy in a 4 star hotel in Egypt. We even tipped every waitter, maid or driver because of this but bad management make this unusefull; even when tipped you cannot get clean towels or clean room. Not 2 mention fork and knife.

by naspa

weltglass

"We have just returned from a week at the Pyramisa. The hotel is lovely and the staff speak english . Only the russian are a problem. They are ... like the rusian... The room is very nice. I stay in room 1305 and it is good with a sea and pool view.

The sea is great and the beach nice. The Ra god of Sun help us to enjoy our holiday.

by Weltglass

Super place in hurghada

"Hello,

I just come back from my trip to Egypt and my stay at the Pyramisa Resort in Sahl Hasheesh which was wonderful. My daughter and I had a great time and enjoy a lot the service, the people and the engagment of every one.We had a very nice room and very quite one. Each room is very good equipied and you have a good choice of restaurant. The food is good and diversified. You have every day a new choice and you can also eat near the beach or the pool which is very nice.My daughter had also a great time at the mini-club where the people are very friendly and have made a lot with the children ! It's was very nice the child evening disco...and very funny !I just wanted to tell everyone that in this Resort..you will enjoy your time and have a wonderful time !Have fun...and enjoy as well the sandy beach for us !

by MRGLausanne

Best holiday ever

"I've been in this hotel for ten days with my best friend. The staff is very helpfull and there 's a very good management in the hotel. I wanted to give my blessings to the whole animation team especially Sasha who've been the best!!!!! Love you guys

Jules from Belgium

by JulesTienen

Excellent experience at the Pyramisa

"My family have just returned from a week at the Pyramisa hotel in Salh Hasheesh. The hotel has excellent facilities, including two swimming pools (one with water slides), diving centre and tennis courts. The hotel is situated directly adjacent to a wounderful sandy beach, with crystal clear waters.

All of the staff we met were welcoming, friendly, courteous and constantly ensured our holiday was a success.

We took the all-inclusive option, which included all drinks and food, all of which we found to be of an excellent quality.

I have visited Egypt on 11 previous occations and I have never experienced such excellent service before.

The resort of Salh Hasheesh is a new development and will take a while to become established, however this did not detract from a very relaxing holiday for my family.

We look forward to our next trip to the Pyramisa!

by knightWales

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in from a Worldwide traveller!!

"I think I am well qualified to comment on this hotel as I travel to Egypt on Business 10 x a year and travel all over the World. I have stayed in 100's of Hotels and this by far is the worst I will summarise the key points:-

* We booked a suite but not available on checking in

* Fly infestation in rooms, Restaurant and Pool area

* Dirty Bathrooms

* Poor food, lunch leftovers served in the evening

* Beetroot juice served as Bacardi!!

* Staff paid £10.00 GBP per week they were so down and miserable due to working conditions and staff quarters

* Staff told us to find another Hotel - It was that bad!!!

* Guests complained of Stomach problems

* General Manager wouldn't see us for 3 days - when he did he informed us he was too busy to talk to us - playing God again!!

If you want to see my pictures of this Hotel please email me and I will forward them onto you. Please read all the reviews on this Hotel before booking - you have been warned!!

by hipskier

If you haven't booked yet then don't - if you have here are some tips!

"We booked this holiday quickly and without an awful lot of for-thought and so it's probably safe to say that a fair few people reading this will be saying 'well hey it serves you right!' I wanted to write this review to assist those people who, like us, had booked and paid for a holiday and then did the whole 'looking at the reviews' thing.

If you haven't booked your hotel yet, don't book this one.

If you have booked in here then hopefully you might find some of the following useful!

This hotel (as several others in this region) is targeted solely at the Russian tourist. What this means in essence is that all rule books on standards, cleanliness, catering, attention to detail have been thrown out of the window.

The staff are demorilised and have not been trained adequately in the jobs that they are being expected to do. The floors are dirty, the maintenance and upkeep of the hotel is at an inexcusably low standard. The food is quite possibly the worst food I have ever come across. It may seem like a dreadfully sweeping generalization but what has happened here is that the Hotel and selected Russian tour operators have come together and agreed that what a Russian holiday maker expects is a standard so low that the hotel can get away with poor service on every level.

I can only surmise that this hotel was given five stars from plan as it so far away from five stars it’s comical.

Tips for survival;

Ring up two days before you go and ensure that the hotel know you are coming and what you are expecting on arrival.

If you are traveling from England make it known to all the staff that you are English. One thing I can say is that although the staff are quite disillusioned they love having English guests and cannot do enough for you.

At breakfast time, arrive at the restaurant at 7am, any later and the place will be filthy and over run. The restaurant staff have not got any of the basics right, nothing is fresh, milk is left out over night in a warm room that is 50% glass. Bread and croissants are dry as they too are left out (although useful for feeding the fish when you go snorkeling). Table linen is not clean, cutlery is not washed properly. There is no waiter service for drinks in the restaurant which is problematical and something that I have never come across before in a five star hotel. There are not enough glasses to go around and thus you can be waiting a life time for glasses to be washed before you can get a drink in the restaurant. One couple I saw had the right idea and kept a set of glasses with them the whole holiday!

At lunch time don’t even use the restaurant as nothing has been cleaned and wiped from breakfast time. There is a pool bar that serves fresh pizza’s, sandwiches and chips. The food you will eat from here is the best food you will eat all holiday! If you’re looking for a healthy diet whilst away you won’t find one in this hotel.

At dinner time go as late as possible to eat. This avoids the pushing and shoving and the food tasting and returning to hotplate issues. However, be mindful that if you eat late the mess in the restaurant is pretty bad as the staff are too busy on their mobiles or setting up for breakfast (on dirty tables).

One thing to mention. More than 80% of people visiting this hotel smoke (constantly). They think nothing of lighting up at breakfast on the table right next to you, the same at dinner time. The ventilation in the restaurant is ok but it’s worth knowing that this will happen.

Get away from the hotel, even if it’s just for a day. I cannot recommend Mahmya highly enough. This resort is exceptional, the service, food, setting, organisation is second to none and it is well worth the trip.

This hotel in NOT five star. This hotel is poorly managed, poorly run and poorly maintained.

The pools are great, the beach is also nice but stroon with litter from the other guests.

There must be much better hotels in Egypt.

by PJRB