Atlantis Dunapark

Service: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

1 2 »
Wonderful Holiday

"We enjoyed a wonderful holiday for the second time at this Hotel, a four star trying to be a five star for service and cleanliness.

The first four days were marred by a dreadful Chef (the one someone said should be shot) pleased to say he was fired and replaced by a brilliant Chef, great eye for detail and beautifully presented.

look forward to a return visit to this quiet and friendly Hotel

• Holiday details: Feb 2010, B&B & Evening Meal, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Give it a try
by marge

Good Standard Hotel

"Good Standard Hotel.

Staff Friendly, rooms cleaned every day.

Double rooms are spacious, with nice large balconies overlooking the pool area.

Breakfast was ok, but does get a bit moreish if you there longer than a week.

Location is perfect, 50m from sandy beach and 10m from main strip for bars and restaurants.

All in all a good hotel that I would recommend to anyone going to the area.

• Holiday details: Jan 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by denisesmith

The hotel was nice, rooms cleaned...

"The hotel was nice, rooms cleaned every day although our bedding was only changed once in 2 weeks. Pool arae was nice but you had to be up early to get sunbeds as they were all taken up with towels by 9am. Breakfast was ok with a good selection of food.

I wouldn't really recommend Correlejo as we didn't really like it there and wouldn't go back. There's not really alot to do there and not enough good quality restraunts and bars. The best restraunt there is an Indian called Jaipur, best indian I've ever had! The best bar was the san miguel bar where they have a band playing every night.

by K Austin

Great hotel. Small enough to make you...

"Great hotel. Small enough to make you feel special. The rooms are just as depicted in the brocures - nice change. Everything is clean and well maintained. Breakfast was fine and catered for all tastes. Hard to find fault with the place really, so won't try. Location was perfect with everything on your doorstep and on the flat. The hotel was perfect for those seeking a quiet and peaceful retreat from the busy streets, I've never heard the birds before whilst lazing around the pool! Bliss..."

by Evelyn Hearn

A Wonderful Hotel!! Thank You!

"To start with, I cannot believe the other review below, I am shocked and cannot understand how some one can be so unhappy with this hotel! Our experience was wonderful. We have 2 young children (aged 2 and 3) and wanted a nice relaxing holiday, and this hotel provided it. We didn't want any evening entertainment and they only provide it maybe twice a week if you do, but we didn't watch it so couldn't comment on the standard.

We booked 1 room to share (they provided a cot). The room was large enough for the kids to run round and so too was the balcony (ground floor so no worries of a fall!) We were overlooking the pool and the trees provided privacy and shading, a wonderful view.

The location is perfect, it's in the centre of everything yet quiet in the room at night. Surrounded by great restaurants, supermarket round the corner (fridge in the room) for essentials and nice beach 2 min walk.

The hotel provide free bus to the sand dunes (10 min ride then 10 min walk) and they were fab, went most days as the beach and sea are absolutely wonderful and not a hassle at all to get to.

We stayed B&B and the breakfast was sooo tasty, they have everything from your cooked breakfast to fresh fruit, cereals, fresh bread, meats, cheese, yoghurts, even healthy seeds. We looked forward to breakfast every day for 2 weeks and never got bored!!!

The only reason we've not given 5 stars is because the shower kept going hot and cold, the fridge wasn't very very cold and the gym showers which they kindly let us use on day of departure were in desperate need of revamping!

We are not one for going back to the same place but we would this one and also would recommend this hotel to everyone! (except if you want loud, lively and beer swilling parties!!!)

Thank you to the staff who were very helpful at all times of need!!!

by hollibug

loved dunapark

"we have just returned from two weeks at dunapark 02/06/07 till 16/06/07 and have a great time, we read the reviews about it being a nice quiet hotel, and that is just what we wanted, we had a lovely large room overlooking the pool, great big balcony, the room was cleaned everyday, big selection for breakfast, the hotel is only 50m from the beach and central to all the bars and restaurants, three english bars straight across the road from the hotel, would recommend imagine bar up near the shell garage, 7 pints bar nice and friendly, the people trying to get you into their restaurants can get on you nerves,but had a great time overall, if you want a nice friendly central hotel thats quiet without a screaming kids club i would recommend the dunapark!!!"

by 37jane

Waste of money, stay somewhere else.

"I used the reviews on this Website for this SO CALLED Hotel to build a picture of what to expect. I was very badly let down. I encourage you to stay else where, ANYWHERE. This Hotel is rated as a Four Star and to be Honest its not even a 2 Star. I do alot of Travelling and stay in some nice and some not so nice places, this place is terrible. Corralejo is a lovely resort and full of life and things to do and the only thing this Hotel has got going for it is its location. Breakfast is terrible, Rooms ar Sub Standard and there is NO evening entertainment, what so ever. Pools and Pool area feel/seem over grown and crowded with Trees and Bushes and the Bar Closes early when the Staff feel like it. This Hotel was a waste of money and does NOT deserve its 4 Star rating."

by Louthman

Great Hotel in Great Location

"We have just returned from 2 weeks in this hotel and everything was perfect. The Breakfast buffet had great choice and always loads of food available. The rooms are very clean and are a great size and also include a fridge which is handy for beers and water. The Pool area was also very clean (cleaned every morning) and very well maintained. The hotel is in a great location close to all bars and restaurants which some great beaches nearby. The overall staff in the Hotel are extremely helpful and friendly.

I would recommend a restaurant down near the port called Bodeguita El Andaluz (across the road from Los Pepes) - absolutely fantastic food, some restaurant only seating 19 people, but well worth a visit. Excellent, excellent food owned by a Spanish & Austrian Couple. Another restaurant worth visiting for steak & fish is El Marinero right on the beach front, there is a lovely guy running around with the food on the plate showing you a sample of fish & meat before you enter. Nice helpful staff. Also across the road from the hotel, up from the english bars is a very nice Italian restaurant with lovely pizzas.

Corralejo is a nice resort with lots of restaurants and tacky shops. What can be quite off putting at times, are staff outside pubs and restaurants yelling at you to go in, particularily bad are some of the english staff ..

I would highly recommend hiring a car and travelling around the island, as there are some beautiful beaches along the coast.

Also recommend organising a trip to Lanzarote yourself as it is cheaper than going through the tour operators.

While there are supermarkets very close to the Hotel, we would recommend the larger supermarkets in the old part of the town as they are much cheaper for wine, beer and food.

Overall enjoyable and relaxing trip and would highly recommend this hotel and would return again.

by dardell

Quiet Hotel

"Just returned from this Hotel in Fuerteventura. We wanted a quiet Hotel, near to beach, shops, bars etc and this is what we got. A little bit disappointed with the location of the room, which was down on the ground floor opposite a nice garden, with a water feature (no water, I presume they fill it up in the summer season).It was quite a dark room but over all it was comfortable. We did however have a smell of drains on a few occasions.A nice gesture of wine in your room when we arrived. The staff on the reception were extremley helpful, as well as the staff in the restuarant.Good choice of breakfast. Pool area good, which we found very quiet. Didn't use any of the other facilities. Some loverly restuarants in the town, particulary a restuarant called "Fifth Avenue" whcih was situated off the main street near the Mango shop. Would definitely use this Hotel again, but would ask for a room overlooking the pool area."

by ElizabethBristol

Lovely quiet relaxed hotel in centre...

"Lovely quiet relaxed hotel in centre of town but surprisingly quiet.

Booked single room with street view but had large room with double bed with balcony.

Buffet breakfast very good. Evening entertainment different every night but I knew lots of local bars.

Imagine near the Shell garage is the best bar for live music, English & Spanish and a bit of classical. Very versatile.

I would give the hotel a 4 star rating and the staff were very friendly. The gym could do with a bit of updating of equipment.

The town has many good shops and lovely beaches. There are some typical English bars but it is easy to avoid these and go somewhere better like Rock Cafe, Rock Island & Imagine.

I am 45 and single and felt very comfortable on my own in the hotel and the town and bars. I did not get bothered by any unwanted attention. This is a very safe town and I saw no trouble at all.

I will be coming back to this town again, 15 years already, and also to this hotel - top marks.

Clientele were nice and only a few well behaved children.

Weather fantastic but be very careful not to burn as the gentle breeze takes the heat off it.

Taxi transfers are best as they are only about 36 Euros rather than tour operator bus that takes about an hour stopping at everyone’s hotel/resort.

by M L

Great chilled out holiday

"I am single in my mid-forties and stayed here from 18-25 April. 2007. I booked single room B&B with street view but requested balcony, which I had and was pleasantly surprised to have a double bed. The room and en-suite bathroom and hotel were very clean and nice. There is a very relaxed, quiet feeling here and it was not too busy. There were a few well behaved children, otherwise a couple of families, a few couples and a few singles. The staff are very professional and yet friendly too. The pool area was very nice but not crowded and there were plenty of sunbeds. The buffet breakfast was great with plenty of choice. Although I didn't spend the evenings at my hotel there was different entertainment laid on every night. I have been to this town 15 years now and know the area very well. I have stayed twice before at this hotel and would definately come back to this hotel next time. I used to go self catering but as a single traveller now it feels more secure to stay in a hotel. The best restaurant in my opinion is 'Fogalera's' which is along the sea front towards the harbour, past most of the more commercial sea front ones. The menu is varied, the owners are canarian and very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant is not too big and has a warm intimate atmosphere. The prices are reasonable and the view breathtaking. I ate here every night because I have tried all of the others over the years and like this best. If you don't like the english bars with football etc, it is easy to avoid them as there is much choice. I would recommend 'Imagine' near the shell garage, 'Rock Island' and 'Rock Cafe' if you like varied live music and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. The beaches are good and the weather was fantastic. Some of the shops are tacky but there are plenty of up-market ones too, including 'Mango'. I would say it is becoming more up-market every year. This place is for 'chilled' laid-back people of any age and does not attract undesirables luckily. Excellent hotel."

by MadsSurrey

Absolutely spot on!

"Have just returned from a wonderful week in Fuerteventura. This hotel was exactly what we (3 ladies mid-30's) wanted.

Both our room and public areas were spotless. Staff were friendly and efficient. Hotel is low key and quiet and suited to those seeking a relaxing holiday. It is in the centre of the resort yet we never heard a sound. The pool area is beautiful and there was always plenty of sun beds available. Large towels are provided free (you pay a deposit). Bar area beside pool is lovely for a beer and a snack during the day.

Large buffet for breakfast which was very nice. Loads of fruit, chees, cold meat, cereals, yogurts etc.

The rooms are large (fitted 3 comfortably) and the balconies very large. Cleaned every day and towels changed. Sheets changed every second day. Small fridge in room, handy for water, snacks etc. We also hired a kettle from the hotel for a small charge.

Weather was so good we never saw the steam, jacuzzi let alone the gym!

Little beach down the road was lovely and cooler than the pool area. Got free bus to gorgeaus dunes beach another day but quite windy.

Correlejo is a typical Canarian resort with usual tacky shops but if you look properly there are some lovely restaurants, bars and shops. Harbour area lovely (15 min walk). Our favourite restaurant was La Scarpetta (Italian) and there was a great acoustic bar called Rock Island. All music finishes 12 midnight and there are no night clubs.

Couldn't have asked for more!

by Ailish1

1 2 »

Map for Atlantis Dunapark Closest airport: Fuerteventura (FUE) 19.4 miles

Top traveller tips for Atlantis Dunapark
  • by denisesmith

" A little Tapas bar around the corner from the Duna Park Hotel "